Receiver won't save Hotbird position

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Here's an interesting one (To me anyway), just set up the DiseqC motor,using a Zone 2 minidish, good dish, bad adjustment bracket, pulling in Astra, Hotbird, Sirius 5E, Thor and Telecom 2 at 5W at moment.

The Hyundai HSS800ci receiver running DiseqC 1.2 is fine and will save and retain positions for all except Hotbird. It finds the satellite fine initially, the save button appears to work, but when i move off to another sat and then try and come back, the moving dish message appears for a while, but nothing is found.

Anyone had any similar problems with this or similar receivers, or perhaps has any ideas?

Rolf

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
I had a similar sort of experience when setting my diseqc motor up.I am using a force 1122s d-master and a cryptik motor.I initially set it up using hotbird as a ref point (as i couldnt find thor).I then got a couple of other locations saved (Astra2,Astra1) but when i chose a channel from 1deg west it went haywire and moved round to about 40deg west.After much hair pulling i decided to reset the motor back to default settings and it seems to be ok now.Not sure if this is just a fluke but it may be worth a go.You shouldnt lose any settings as your dish and mount will be pointing in the right direction from the zero point.

Lee

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Done that several times already Lee, doesn't seem to work though, it just seems very odd that it is exclusively on one satellte.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Rolf

You hit on something I noticed with the GBSAT receiver with hard disk which has the same ancestry.

The receiver fails to drive back to a previously stored satellite. I spent ages trying to figure out what was happening, and eventually put it down to the difference in protocol required of the DiSEqC motor that was on the roof. Everthing was fine with a Humax VA Fox when it was substituted, so I did not bother to check further into it and resold the GBSat to a fixed dish customer

There was a strange method of storing the GBSAT, involving going in and out of menus between satellite and dish limits, further compounded by the supplied software version being erased completely after enabling the factory defauls

Daniel

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Here's an interesting one (To me anyway), just set up the DiseqC motor,using a Zone 2 minidish, good dish, bad adjustment bracket, pulling in Astra, Hotbird, Sirius 5E, Thor and Telecom 2 at 5W at moment.

The Hyundai HSS800ci receiver running DiseqC 1.2 is fine and will save and retain positions for all except Hotbird. It finds the satellite fine initially, the save button appears to work, but when i move off to another sat and then try and come back, the moving dish message appears for a while, but nothing is found.

Anyone had any similar problems with this or similar receivers, or perhaps has any ideas?

Rolf
Rolf,
how did you solve a problem ? I´m having simular problem with my Hyundai 825. I cannot save Hispasat is turning always back to Astra.

Daniel

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I managed to get it working in the end Daniel, but for the life of me I cannot remember how, as I now use the Skystar2 and haven't used the Hyundai for a while.

I seem to remember deleting all of the positions and starting from scratch and then it worked, not very scientific, but effective, :)