Status
Not open for further replies.

Longhorn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky TV satellite with MacBook Pro
My Location
South Norfolk
I'm thinking about buying the Bein Sports receiver so I would be able to receive Bein Sports and other Arabic channels. The problem is however that I'm pretty sure Bein Sports is only on Nilesat and Es'hailSat. What dish would I need to receive Bein Sports and other channels from either of those satellites? I've been considering the Triax TD88 but would that be able to pick up either satellite? I live in South Norfolk so if the TD88 can't receive channels from either satellite then what dishes would you recommend that are not really expensive and can pick the channels up? I'm quite new to getting foreign TV channels through satellite so all help would be very much appreciated.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Forget Es'hail in UK and forget Nilesat 201 - you won't get these on any normal sized dishes here. I am not seeing anything at all on my 1.8m...

Bein Sports is, however, transmitting on Eutelsat 7WA, which is, coincidentally at the same orbital location as the elusive Nilesat (7W). A 1m dish should be able to get at least some channels but I would get a good 1.2m for that. You might have some very limited luck on your TD88.

Please note that there are rumours that Bein Sports will be disappearing from Eutelsat in favour of Es'hail and if that happens, it will be money wasted.

Longhorn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Norfolk
Thank you for that response. Would I be able to get Arabsat on a TD88 in South Norfolk? I know Bein Sports isn't on Arabsat but what other channels are on there? Are there any sports channels on Arabsat?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Which Arabsat? Badr-4 is up there and you can get some limited channels up there but TD88 is really too small for that. You can forget Badr-5, 6 and 7 - you won't get them in UK.

Longhorn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Norfolk
Either 26E or 30.5E. What dish would you recommend for receiving Arabic channels in South Norfolk? What satellite or satellites carry Arabic channels that you think I would be able to receive in my area? I'm really new to the whole business of satellites so sorry if I seem rather uneducated.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hotbird carries loads of Arabic channels

Longhorn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Norfolk
I've heard a regular Sky dish can receive Hotbird in certain areas, is this true? If it is then do you think I would be able to receive it with a standard Sky dish in South Norfolk?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Oh yes.

The current generation of Satellites are stupendously strong.

John Pykett

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish setup: 80cm Motorized Dish, TM-5402 HD M3. This setup goes from 1w to 28.2e

My computer setup: AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.10 GHz processor and 8GB of ram. Graphics Card is NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti. OS: Windows 10 64 Bit
My Location
Hucknall, United Kingdom
bein sports 1 and 2 is on hotbird 13e in hd

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
bein sports 1 and 2 is on hotbird 13e in hd

Those dont carry the football.... In any case they are leaving at the end of March. Email from TV Corner sent last October:

*Si vous êtes abonné beIN Sports via Hot Bird, sachez que les émissions via ce satellite cesseront le 31/03/2017. Vous pourrez, cependant, toujours réorienter votre antenne vers Eutelsat 5WA pour continuer à recevoir vos programmes.

Google translate, although its pretty obvious

* If you are subscribed to beIN Sports via Hot Bird, be aware that the broadcasts via this satellite will cease on 31/03/2017. You may, however, always reorient your antenna to Eutelsat 5WA to continue receiving your programs.

Last edited:

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
beIN Sports 1,2 & 3 HD on 5 west
FlySat Eutelsat 5 West A @ 5° West

beIN Sports 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 & 9 HD are on 7.3 west 100 to 120cm dish required
FlySat beIN Sports Channel Packages

I cannot view these encrypted channels :( but get a good signal with a 100cm dish & loose all signals when it rains,

I do not think you can subscribe to these channels in the UK.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I do not think you can subscribe to these channels in the UK.

Not officially but its certainly possible to ahem acquire official subscriptions from northern Africa.

Hardly worth it for the average punter though due to the size of dish needed for decent reception

John Pykett

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish setup: 80cm Motorized Dish, TM-5402 HD M3. This setup goes from 1w to 28.2e

My computer setup: AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.10 GHz processor and 8GB of ram. Graphics Card is NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti. OS: Windows 10 64 Bit
My Location
Hucknall, United Kingdom
Those dont carry the football.... In any case they are leaving at the end of March. Email from TV Corner sent last October:

*Si vous êtes abonné beIN Sports via Hot Bird, sachez que les émissions via ce satellite cesseront le 31/03/2017. Vous pourrez, cependant, toujours réorienter votre antenne vers Eutelsat 5WA pour continuer à recevoir vos programmes.

Google translate, although its pretty obvious

* If you are subscribed to beIN Sports via Hot Bird, be aware that the broadcasts via this satellite will cease on 31/03/2017. You may, however, always reorient your antenna to Eutelsat 5WA to continue receiving your programs.
you could always stream the channel if you want

John Pykett

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Hucknall, United Kingdom

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
maybe it depends.

We do not condone any non-legit methods of accessing premium media here.

We recommend that anyone seeking such material pays for it as intended.

John Pykett

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Hucknall, United Kingdom
We do not condone any non-legit methods of accessing premium media here.

We recommend that anyone seeking such material pays for it as intended.
oh okay but isnt getting bein sports from uk technically not legal because the subscription isnt intended for uk?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Please see earlier responses for the situation regarding availability of Subscriptions.

As the original question of several months ago has been answered as fully as possible, Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.