Receiving channels from Europe in the US

ernestoloco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
Hi I''m new here, and I have a question. I wanted to watch some channels from Europe, FTA channels, to be more specific. I know the channel I want comes from the Atlantic Bird Sat. And the beam for that satellite is shown here. So it seems possible to receive those signals because I live in the northern part of the USA in Massachusetts, but what size antenna would I need to get them? If anyone has any specific brands, I would appreciate to know them. And should I get a motorized antenna so I could pick up different signals or is that too much money? Oh, and what other satellites have some good channels that are free? Thanks In advance

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
WHICH channel do you want?? If youy dont even give us this info how are we supposed to advise????

ernestoloco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
tf1 a channel from france. But I had the picture of the satellite beam on the first post did u see it?. So I can get whatever channels are on that satellite. what would I need to do that?

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
ernestoloco said:
tf1 a channel from france. But I had the picture of the satellite beam on the first post did u see it?. So I can get whatever channels are on that satellite. what would I need to do that?

according to _http://www.kingofsat.net tf1 uses superbeam, which would make the appropriate coverage map: (see attached) - if that's the case, forget it.

-cts

ps - I would guess you speak french, here's a whole thread on french TV in USA:

_http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&frame=right&th=c628efba8f99ec87&seekm=3699559F.859F785B%40essi.fr#link1

one of the more informative replies:

_http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=tf1+USA&hl=en&lr=&selm=77kmh5%24r1l%241%40front3.grolier.fr&rnum=1

TV5 is your only choice....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ernesto you need to move about 3000 miles eastwards!

ernestoloco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
What about this beam? It comes from the same satellite I believe, but it covers a lot of the east coast. Can't I get the same channels from the super beam on this one? if not what can I get from this beam?
5wab3_na.gif

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
There don't appear to be any regular (or any in fact) transmissions listed for the North American beam on this satellite.

Although the bird looks capable of providing them, unless you know different then it looks like an under utilised beam.

L. :)

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Hehehe....yeah true, it's all wasted in the dark atlantic ocean where no one lives.

ernestoloco said:
what a waste of microwaves >:(

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The beam looks like that as its firing westwards on what is very much a slant path. Remember the bird is hovering over Europe (more or less) Think of how a torch illuminates the ground when you tilt it. Same principle.