Receiving DigitalB

Geee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird
My Location
North London
Can anyone help please. I received ART last year (2006/7) and have a Samsung viaccess receiver. If I want to pick up say Digit Alb, do I just need to get a meter and move the dish, plus a cam & and a new card (receiver takes 2 cams)? Or do I have to change things like the LNB too? Sorry but I am new to all this. Thanks very much.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
na what you think is correct, all you need to do is move the dish to the required satellite once locked on tighten it in place. Get hold of a cam, say a matrix or diablo or whatever and insert that into the receiver, next get a card or if you know people who prgram all that sort of stuff that might help you gain access to a few other things. Once you have got a card working you are up and running.

you wont need to change anything on the lnb, just aslong as the dish size is ok and you can pick up the satellites.

Geee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird
My Location
North London
Thanks very much - I will try that - Are all the meters for siting the dish equally as good or should I look for something in its features?

popeyetel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci
My Location
Cheshire UK
Hello Geee i am in the same situation as you. Got a full system from satellite superstore last year, it is a fixed 80cm Triax Dish fixed on Hotbird so i could receive Art Sport for Premiership Football. A reputable Satellite installer travelled from Manchester to where i live in Cheshire and set it all up for me at a very reasonable price. I am a novice to the world of satellites, knew nothing but have learned a bit from good people on this forum ; there advice is what us novices rely on. I have a Technomate TM-1500 CI+ I need to have DIGIT ALB like your self, so i need to know how do i get on the Satellite that transmits DIGIT ALB .I dont mind losing Hotbird now there wont be Prem football Thanks in anticipitation P S Where is best web site for Digit alb card

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The satellite for DigitalB is 16E, just three degrees East of Hotbird, so should be quite easy to find as long as you move the dish in very small increments. A cheap satellite finder will only cost around £10 and will make the job much easier. :)

Have a look at out site supporting advertisers for a meter and DigitalB card, click on the link in my signature. :)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Also consider getting a 3 degree monobloc LNB, which will allow you to get 16E, and either 19E or 13E.
With a quality 80 cm dish you could consider getting 3 separate slim LNB's and getting all 3 options, 13E, 16E & 19.2E.
With a Technomate receiver, and the latest patch, you can currently open Premiere and D+ packages 19.2E, and TPS 13E, along with a few other channels.
I don't expect all of them to be open forever but this set up will allow you a few other future options.