Receiving FTV with Sky subscripton card ??

B

baruffaldi

Hi,

I understand that a SKY card is "married" to a digibox through the activation process and if that card is subsequently used in another digibox it isn't possible to pick up the encrypted/subscription channels. I.E. the days of taking a card abroad to use in a second box are long gone !!

BUT ..... Is it possible to use the card to pick up FTV only, even if that card was previously activated in a different digibox ?

The reason that I am asking is that I provide a digibox and FTV card for the use of visitors staying in my holiday home in France. On two occasions the card has been misplaced and I have needed to contact the BBC/CH4/CH5 card service to get a replacement card. No problems the first time I asked but I detected some suspicision when I made a second request for a replacement 3 months later.

In future I want to ask visitors to take their own SKY card if they wish to watch the TV. But, this will only work if their cards can pick up FTV channels on my digibox.

Thanks for any advise received.

Baruffaldi

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They will get channels like Sky one and some of the other non-premium channels, but not BBC etc.

You could always cut the card in half and insert it by taking the top of the digibox off, then they may not even think of taking it. You could perhaps even superglue a plastic cover across the front of the slot.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
ho ho ho!
chop the card in two!
I'm looking forward to a future post something like this...

"SKY HACK IS REAL!
While in an Irish pub the other week me mate's mate told me his brother's girlfriend's family had been using a hacked dodgybox while on holiday in France. He said he said she'd said they'd said that it was deffo hacked cos it had no card innit etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..."

:D :D :D :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, hadn't thought of that, probably find that the box will be mysteriously misplaced this time. :)