Receiving German channels on Astra 19.2

metalbird

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite alligned to Astra 19.2. Digital (Sivercrest) receiver
My Location
Southampton
I have recently had my satellite dish re-aligned to the Astra 19.2 cluster in the hope of picking up German TV channels. However, I am only picking up a few channels through my digital receiver box (Silvercrest from Lidl). Is this because some of the German channels are still broadcasting on an analgue signal? The channels I want include RTL, RTL 2, Vox, Sat. 1, prosieben, eurosport. These are the main stream German channels which I cannot pick up :-(

Can anyone advise me what to do? Do I need to have a receiver box that picks up digital & analogue signal? Is my dish aligned with the right cluster?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi metalbird,
welcome to the forum.
All the channels you want to view are broadcasting in Digital on Astra 19.2E, you will probably just need to scan them in to your receiver.
Check this page for all the information you require:
_http://www.lyngsat.com/astra19.html
And check your manual for how to add channels to your receiver.
Please post back if you have any problems or need more advice.

keano

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4mtr Channel Master Dish,
Fracarro Penta 85cm Dish,
64cm Traix Dish with 4 multi LNB'S
Sky HD,
Dreambox 800,
Dreambox 500,
IPBOX 250,
Sky HD and a mad wife !
My Location
Manchester UK
M8 can you do a manual scan on that receiver ?

If so try 11229V 22000 5/6 and 11259V 22000 5/6 and see if you get any results.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Be aware that Eurosport is only available in German fta in digital at 19E! The analogue service still broadcasts in English.

metalbird

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite alligned to Astra 19.2. Digital (Sivercrest) receiver
My Location
Southampton
Hi Michka,

thank you for your reply. The receiver box I have came with hundreds of pre-installed channels, including all the ones I want. Unfortunately they don't seem to pick up the signal though.

I will try & install them manually. Thanks again

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
54cm Channel Master dish with Raven LNB (Freecycled!), 15metres of CT125, Metronic Touch box 3
My Location
East Sx
Hi,
I've also had trouble finding any German channels on 19.2 although I can get a fair few english channels. I got the setup predominantly to learn German although not having much luck so far.

I've tried manually setting up the system and on some frequencies get good quality (50%) and level (80%) but no picture? I've also tried the frequencies that keano suggested above but get poor quality (10%) and low level (20-30%).

I'm wondering if the freecycled dish/lnb are to blame but not sure how to proceed from here. Apologies if I've jumped on someone elses thread - all seemed similiar to the problems I was having.

Thanks
Al

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi GermanChannelChaser,
welcome to the forum.
Can you please post some of the channels and fr4equencies you're currently receiving, as you might not be pointing at Astra 1 19.2E but Astra 2 28.2E.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
54cm Channel Master dish with Raven LNB (Freecycled!), 15metres of CT125, Metronic Touch box 3
My Location
East Sx
Hi Michka,
You are spot on - it looks as though I was (am) pointing at Astra 2 - I've got sh*t loads of channels now I've done another auto scan for Astra 2.

I guess when I originally looked at Astra 1, the quality and level bars I was actually looking at were for a frequency on Astra 2. I had assumed (wrongly :-) that box would know which satellite it was from the frequency.

Thanks for your response, That'll teach me for looking at next doors dish to get a rough alignment!! Think I'll leave it for the mo as it's a bit brass monkey outside.

One further question if I may, there seems to be some form of pulsing going on, every few seconds the quality and levels drop down briefly, is this something I should be worried about?
Thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Try adjusting your dish slightly to get the best signal and skew your LNB, turn it round skightly.
If that fails to fix it check the cable, and connections, at both ends, satellite and LNB.

zonkozonko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lidl silvercrest reciever 80cm dish
My Location
Derbyshire
I have had my Lidl Digital box for some time now and originally all the German favorites RTL, Pro7, Vox, etc etc. came on channels between 1 and 110 now howevever you have to retune on Astra 19.2 deg and using the remote go back to channel 700 or so and forward to 110 and as you pick up the free channels you want (Many are encrypted) add them to the favourites using the Menu function. depending on what you want to watch and what your setup can recieve you may have around 120 channels "Free to Air"

zonkozonko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lidl silvercrest reciever 80cm dish
My Location
Derbyshire
When I first purchased my anologue Lidl setup I put the Dish 15 foot above the ground because thats where the neighbours had there "Sky Dishes" some time later I read an article about mounting dishes on or near the ground. Well one windy day my dish went into orbit landing on the lawn with a smashed LNB holder! after some weeks during a period of warm weather I decided to see if I could get it working again? I set it up on a post with lashings of Gaffer tape holding on the LNB, surprisingly it worked! In fact just as good as it had done mounted upon the wall!
When I purchased my new Digital Lidl Silvercrest setup I used the same post mounting and it works great and if the wind blows my 80cm dish off of alignment its easy using a mark on the concrete slabs to realign it Brill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agbell

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silver Crest SL 65
( Lidl Special)
with larger non Lidl dish set for Astra 19.2 E
My Location
East Lothian
Has Vox gone from 19.2E?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
One analogue version and three digital versions. _http://www.lyngsat.com/astra19.html