receiving itv in germany on s*y

J

jon8214

i am currently living in germany and i cannot receive signals from the astra 2d sattellite i am using a minidish with a panisonic stb

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look at this thread Jon, I've just promoted it to the top of the forum. It would certainly appear that for German reception, you will require better than a Zone one minidish. http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID23/305.html#1

Rolf

PS Which model of Panasonic is it?

J

jon8214

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 05-Jun-02 AT 09:20 PM (GMT)]cheers for the help rolf my stb is a panisonic 30 and my lnb is a grundig universal.
my brother can receive astra 2d signals on a minidish in a town called detmold which is about 30kms away from where i am (towns called paderborn)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 05-Jun-02 AT 10:23 PM (GMT)]OK Jon, as a general rule, if your brother is getting a signal, so should you, given your proximity. It may of course be that his dish is correctly aligned, or his LNB is slightly better (there is a variance between apparently identical LNBs). So the first thing to check is his signal and quality readings on the appropriate transponders, if they are borderline, then it could be a relatively small difference in alignment that is making the difference.

To get a reading on the individual transponder, go into manual tuning in the installers menu, it will allow you to discern which frequencies are stronger than others.

Rolf

PS. the Panasonic model 30 is rated as one of the best for fringe reception.

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Hi Jon, I'm in Germany too and used to have a 60cm dish. During bad weather the signal used to drop a lot. I'm in north Germany in a place called Haselund. I don't know how long you've been using the minidish but I found I got perfect reception all the time using a 80cm dish.
Methos.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I got an 80 offset and I get 90 percent signal and quality in the Cologne area. Just go for size mate.