Recent problem with SKY updates?

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Anyone recently have problems with SKY updates? Just when it was working again, it seemed channel packages of mine were dropping away and not being cleared. First Sky sports, then some entertainment channels, and now everything aint working, including ITV, C4 etc.

I know Sky has been adding channels and what not recently, so maybe I have missed an update or something? It wont update in my dreambox with either newcamd, or a dragon (have tried leaving it on all day and night with both of those).

Do I have to dig out the old digibox again? And does this sound like a simple update problem, coz if it isn't I am liable to shoot myself as these problems I'm getting are starting to wear me down!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Went ahead and put it in the old digibox. Took a few hours, but the channels came back in groups. Still dont have c4 and c5, but whipped the card, couldn't be arsed anymore, everything else including all premium package channels are back. Looks like I'll have to leave the digibox out of the attic til I figure updates another way.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You will need to leave the card in a digibox overnight every 3 or 4 weeks or it misses its "stay alive" command.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
That is a pain! Coz I have to get on the roof and take the output out of the switch and put it direct to the 28.8 dish lnb for the sky digibox. Do you know if I were to put the sky feed into the first input port on the switch would that be recognised on the digibox at all? So I don't have to get on the roof every month?