Reception in Rome

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
Old Satellite said:
An old Panasonic TU-DSB30 is working well at a southern Rome location on a 3.8 mtr Patriot dish jointly along with a Grundig GDS3000 which appears to be very simlar.

TU-DSB30 Panasonic
10891 H 50/55
11778 V 50/50
10773 H 50/60

GDS-3000 Grundig
10891 H 50/60
11778 V 55/45
10773 H 55/65

My own slightly old Grundig GDS 300 tested at several interesting locations is equally proving quite good.

Regards

Old Satellite

Hello old satellite.
Where is your location near Rome?Do you receive Astra 2D?IE bbc/itv.
a lot of people in your area would like to know this.
What kind of LNB are you using with your 3.8 dish?

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
A couple of my collegues living in the Rome area,would sure like to know where and when?
From their experiences with local installers, and reading other forums (astra 2d) it
seems its impossible to receive BBC/ITV from Astra 2D in Rome.

rsi50000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've seen reports for further south in the "heel" of 2d but I can't confirm . I had a mate in Rome and according to him a 3.4 was being used there . Again I couldn't confirm.

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
It seems that all of the reports are speculation,there are no hard facts on any of
the forums.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
its always interesting when you review comments sometimes and you see that some one does not believe claims even if some information is provided on a specific system.

As I have stated before the Patriot 3.8 as been operational for quite some time now, it is located south of Rome location " exact source and location can not be disclosed due non disclosure security restictions.

Incidentally my own systems- "I have three " as recently posted at a location in Belgium , recieves channels far more difficult than recieving Astra 2D in Rome.

If you are prepared to invest a lot of money and time, in satellite technology as I have for more than 17 years then you might be a little supprised at what can or not be acheived.

Incidentally there is even one 8.5 mtr satellite dish installation at a private location in south America that happly recieves several Astra 2A and 2B signals.

Dont give up until you tried it yourself, you might find some interesting results.

regards

Old Satellite