Reception Issue

norad97

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5402 Mk2
My Location
Berkshire UK
Hi I am running a TM5402HD and I can receive on TP 11449H on 7.0W with resonable quality (except for rain)

I installed a system in a friends house using a TM5402 MK3 HD, but last night on a visit I tried to download the channels named DMC (Arabic Channel)
It did not download them, on that transponder, I was supprised as its working on mine fine.

Any help please.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dish size and location could be having an impact on signal reception. Are you using the same size dish at both your location and that of your friend?

norad97

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5402 Mk2
My Location
Berkshire UK
Hi, both installations are using Gibertini 1m dish, location is about 3 miles from heathrow airport, my friend is located 1 mile from me.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi, both installations are using Gibertini 1m dish, location is about 3 miles from heathrow airport, my friend is located 1 mile from me.

OK, it seems that dish size and location are not the issue.
When you say you tried to download the channel at your friends house was it using the Blind Scan function of the TM-5402 (M3) or the Manual Scan function?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Try scanning them in using your dish then check the quality levels at his house.
You might just need to tweak the dish, or skew the LNB.
Of course cable length, or quality, of the cable, and LNB, can make a difference, and even dishes can be slightly warped, or perform differently.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK

I forgot to ask, are the dishes at both locations fixed on 7W as the only satellite or are you using a motorised setup or multi LNB setup at the locations? It could be a dish alignment issue particularly if the signal level is weak and on the threshold for a lock with a 1.0m dish

norad97

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5402 Mk2
My Location
Berkshire UK
Hi, both dishes are motorised, at his house I used advanced, TP 11449H, scan.
I can see the quality level is a bit lower than mine, but I thought the TM5402 Mk3 displays the Quality signal slightly different.
Tried moving the dish by fine tuning while in the transponder, but no luck.
Maybe I need to check the dish alinment ?

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
...I can see the quality level is a bit lower than mine, but I thought the TM5402 Mk3 displays the Quality signal slightly different...

The TM-5402 Mk3 has an option to display the signal level in both db and % at the same time. If it is not the default mode then it is a setting in the menus. If you get the TM-5402 Mk3 to display in either % only or both % and db at the same time you can compare it with the % signal levels you are getting with your own TM-5402.

A quick check would be to test a transponder that your friend is on the borderline for a signal lock and make a note of the signal level. Then, test your setup for the same transponder and note the signal level. If you are getting a reasonably higher signal level then it might be time to check the alignment of the dish, the cabling and the LNB on your friends setup.

norad97

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5402 Mk2
My Location
Berkshire UK
OK Thanks I will check these.

Thanks.