Reception of Insat 2E @ 83 degrees east.

nitinbose

Reaction score
Hi!!

I am new.

I live in Nairobi, Kenya. I would like to know if I may be able to receive signals from the Insat 2E satellite located at 83 degrees east.
I have a 10ft dish antenna, digital receiver and LNB.

Previously, I could receive from this satellite, when they were in analog format, however, now that they are digital, I am no longer able to receive from this satellite.

On checking the foot print I also noticed that I am slightly out of foot print, however, even then when the format was analog, I could receive it. What could be wrong?

Furthermore, I have a spherical dish. I wish to receive from PAS10 @ 68.5 degrees east, and Thaicom 3 at 78.5 degrees east, simultaenously, using two different LNBs. How should I space the LNBs suitable, to enable the reception from the satellites?

Could someone also give me the full details on the construction of a spherical dish antenna?

nitinbose

Reaction score
Hi!!

I am new.

I live in Nairobi, Kenya. I would like to know if I may be able to receive signals from the Insat 2E satellite located at 83 degrees east. The foot-print and eirp value range may be available from www.lyngsat.com.

I have a 10ft dish antenna, digital receiver and LNB.

Previously, I could receive from this satellite, when they were in analog format, however, now that they are digital, I am no longer able to receive from this satellite.

On checking the foot print I also noticed that I am slightly out of foot print, however, even then when the format was analog, I could receive it. What could be wrong?

Furthermore, I have a spherical dish. I wish to receive from PAS10 @ 68.5 degrees east, and Thaicom 3 at 78.5 degrees east, simultaenously, using two different LNBs. How should I space the LNBs suitable, to enable the reception from the satellites?

Could someone also give me the full details on the construction of a spherical dish antenna

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Hi

I would think that you haven't had a reply because nobody here has any experience that far away from Europe. I wish all the best in your search though.

PaulR

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
PaulR, might be corect, on here we deal mostly with stuff from 45E to 45W. And only a very few will pick anything past what I have mensioned.

I would think that if you could pick up this SAT when it was in analogue you should still be able to see it now. Are you sure your LNB is not an old analogue one as if this sat is gone digital you will need a Uni LNB.

Best of luck....RAZOR.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
It is highly unlikely that you would be able to recieve any signal from 83 east Insat 2E.

Even the wide beam signals are directly towards India and with some reception reported in the middle east areas.

in addition if you check the link from http://www.lyngsat.com/in83.html and then click on the footprint you will see that the footprint is not aligned to your region.

Insat 3 C at 74.0 east does seem however to have some strange offset beam patterns, in that I can recieve several channels "Digital" here in western Europe, when the footprint clearly identifies that it is not possible.

regards

Old Satellite