Reception predictions

rauchbier

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Lincolnshire
I am planning to get a 1m motorised digital system to replace my current Astra/hotbird set-up. Are there any websites/programs that allow you to put in your location/dish size and get a prediction of what satellites you can get a decent enough signal from, lyngsat has given me a good idea but some of the satellites with fringe receptions are guesswork to me. Will I find it more useful upgrading to a 1.2m or is there little to choose between the two. I am located East coast UK just south of Hull, with an almost uninterrupted view horizon to horizon (and no pesky neighbours to object :) ). Will be looking for news/sports feeds.
thanks
jez

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go for the 1.2 Jez, or even bigger if you can afford it and have a suitable mount for it.

I have seen some conversion tables which give you dish size compared to ERP, but there is no substitute for actual reports.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
You could use the satcodx channel tool, it is far from perfect however it will help to idnetify a majoirity of the channels that can be received with both a 1.0 and a 1.2 mtr dish

http://www.satcodx.com/uke/

if you download the program and buy the mag you then have the code that allows full use for approx 3 months and the auto up date is ok

kind regards

Old Satellite