Hi People.
Heres the breakdown of problem:

KIT
  • Sky plus
  • Splitter
  • 2 remote TV,s
  • Full package..everything except adult stuff
Problem

We can go for days with perfect reception. Regardless of weater (Fog, cloud, wind, rain, snow).The quality and strength bars ln both chanells a over 80%.

Then in perfect weather, (bright, sunny and dry) we loose some chanells, always the same ones....

• Sky Sports 1, 3 and extra
  • All Discovery
  • All Films
Sky have sent about ten engineers. both subbies and direct. They have changed everything....twice. Same problem.

To cap it all, my brother s a VIP installer for SKY in Newcastle...He cant get down to look but says SKY are now discovering these problems are being caused by .....honestly.....Central Heating, Radio broadcasts from supermarkets, Radar detectors on cars....

Oh yes.....The strength and quality bars dont go below 80%

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRICIATED

Graham

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The car radar snooper problems have been known for ages. We were discussing them over on the DS forum probably 2 years ago! DECT phones can also cause problems.

grahamw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus. 4 way splitter and tworemote tv.s
My Location
Bracknell
Ah ..m new to the forum....thats interestng coz we have DECT phones all over...Is (was) there a resolution

Graham

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Please dont scatter the same question all over the forum. Im deleting the duplicate post.

grahamw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bracknell
Sorry...Thought Id crashed.
Ref Snooper. My car has snooper 4 and is parked under the dish (3 ,Mtrs) and I still dont get the failure all the time...Gota be the phones

Ta
Graham

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You may find the phones arent the proiblem - Im afraid its just a case of patience, trial and error in tracking down the likely problem.

You could make sure the coax cable from the dish isnt damaged anywhere - if the outer braid is damaged, unwanted signals can leak in.

grahamw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bracknell
Thought that so got high qual stuff of brother. Re ran it myself (Im a Radar Tech so no my cabling). Not a kink...bur Ill try again. Wot about central heating is that possible
Graham

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The channels you mention are quite widely spread (from an interference point of view), with the intermediate frequency from 1.158Ghz to 1.510Ghz, I use the rf frequency table Here to look for potential problem areas.

You need to very carefully log the channels which are missing (make a detailed list), cross reference to frequencies Here and then as a quick check, go into manual tuning in the installer menu, to check the troublesome frequencies.

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Hi!

know the problem well. albeit with german tv. We have probs with pro7, sat1, dsf and kabel1. Not that much of a problem as we have the same channels available on a different frequency for austria. different ads and news but 99% the same tv listings.
I have never had exactly the same problem with sky although I do quite often have the problem that my second lnb signal is showing roughly 80% strength and quality but is not locked. If I press record it starts recording and then changes to locked, although some timer recordings have failed with an unknown error.
The flats above me have been bought up and turned into offices for lawyers and tax accounts which means a hell of a lot of dect phones. The funny thing is, the channels are smoetimes fine and sometimes not. They tend to be fine by bad weather rather than by good :-bash
We put it down to dect phones as the channels all but disappeared completely after we ourself bought one. After speaking to a tech I was told I should buy better shielded cable. Havent though as our dish is bloody miles away and is for the entire block of flats. Dont wanna bugger anyones tv up :rolleyes:

Methos