Reception Problems in UK

M

MarkUK

Hi

Has anyone else had problems receiving any of the following:
Magic, Smash Hits, Thomas Cook, Discovery H&L +1, Animal Planet +1, EuroNews, Fox News as well as the BBC Interative News + Sport. I've got excellnet signal strangth and quality for other channel. I've also re-alighed the dish, changed the LNB and done a software download. The only thing I haven't changed is the box (Early Grundig), but it's fine on everything else. It seems to be 2 or 3 transponders it just can't seem to pick up. Has nayone got any ideas or shall I start looking for another digibox?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Without me going and looking Mark, which transponders are these channels on?

Rolf

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
Try your digibox on a known good dish, quite possible box faulty as the early Grundig GDS 200's have been giving some problems of this nature, changing the capacitors in the PSU can be of help.

See Martin Pickerings notes @ http://www.satcure.com/gds200.htm

zansi

M

MarkUK

Not sure of the transponders, but the freq. are:

11508 V, SR27500, FEC2/3 Magic, Smash Hits + Discovery
11681 V, SR27500, FEC2/3 Euronews

Not sure of the BBC Interactive, but I think its:
12441 V, SR27500, FREC2/3

I've also noticed that a lot of the radio stantions are'nt being received either like Capital Gold, Virgin & Heart. I'm begining to think it's the box now after reading the above link :-(

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, from looking at Zansi's link it would appear so, it doesn't seem to be whole transponders, so it can't be an LNB fault.

Rolf

F

F1 Mike

I had problems recieving channels,so I tuned in the channel,removed the card,then replaced it and all was marvelous

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
don`t know about the music channels or BBC but I`ve a problem with the Thomas Cooke station. It comes and goes but the channel bar says its a technical fault!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you've ever been on one of their holidays, that's about par for the course :)

Rolf