reception problems

jommo

Reaction score
hi, i just moved and i can't get my sat TV working again. receiver is a SKY1A and universal LNB. before i moved, everything was working perfectly.
the heading is to HOTBIRD 13°east ( 0° from south), elevation 33°. i get signal intensity around 50-60% but quality = 0, so nothing on TV; nothing happens when i try to change heading and elevation, intensity stays the same; when i take off LNB, i have 5% signal: means LNB is working or not???? the receiver seems to be working great and cable are the same i had.
any clue or help please before i turn depressed; THKS

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
jommo said:
hi, i just moved and i can't get my sat TV working again. receiver is a SKY1A and universal LNB. before i moved, everything was working perfectly.
the heading is to HOTBIRD 13°east ( 0° from south), elevation 33°. i get signal intensity around 50-60% but quality = 0, so nothing on TV; nothing happens when i try to change heading and elevation, intensity stays the same; when i take off LNB, i have 5% signal: means LNB is working or not???? the receiver seems to be working great and cable are the same i had.
any clue or help please before i turn depressed; THKS

I think your dish needs to be realigned up. Have you got a sat meter ???. Hotbird I find is the easiest after astra2 to find.

jommo

Reaction score
thks for answering. i have sat finder but i get a continuous beep at 6 db (it says scale should be at 5), so it doesn't help. actually heading is 13° from south; my problem is that i get nothing while realigning, and signal intensity stays the same (50-60%), while quality still = 0% ????

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
try adjusting the elevation a little.(might help!!)

TWAG

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What type of sat meter is it? If you have the tone or swinging needle type, you ned to adjust the attenuator so that the needle only moves to half scale, and keep doing so until you can identify peaks.

jommo

Reaction score
i have the sat finder with both needle and sound. moving attenuator to half scale (5), i get a continuous beep. moving dish left/right or elevation angle doesn't change anything... i'am turning depressed...that's why i was thinking may be it's the LNB which is not working properly???

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
lnb's are quite resilient do not change unless your absolute certain, elevation is usually the major prob

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Let me throw in my bit of wisdom: If you haven't changed anything on the receiver choose a station and mark the position of the dish on the pole, and also the position of the elevation with a black marker. Then move the dish in smnall steps up, waiting a few seconds between each step to see if picture comes on. If you can't do it alone get someone with a phone to help you. Then move the dish down. Afterwards move the dish 1 mm on the pole to the left and do the same up and down, and continue until you find the sat. If you went to the left and nothing found do the same to the right. You should be able to find the sat. If you can see other dishes on the roofs , use them as a guide for the elevation, but remember that if you are in the UK most dishes will point to 28 east.