lemtech

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ss2 card
pentium4 3.2 processor
1gig ddr memory
My Location
guernsey
hi i live in the channel islands i have been trying for sometime now to set up a motorized sat system but i can only get a signal from astra 28,astra 19,hotbird and sirius(not very strong) the dish i am using is a TELESTAR 80cm do you think that my problem could be down to this dish?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
lemtech said:
hi i live in the channel islands i have been trying for sometime now to set up a motorized sat system but i can only get a signal from astra 28,astra 19,hotbird and sirius(not very strong) the dish i am using is a TELESTAR 80cm do you think that my problem could be down to this dish?

:-Welcome1

Could be your dish mount - 80cm should be OK.

Who set it up?
Did it ever work?
Any pictures?

Could be other thinks... more detail please.

lemtech

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ss2 card
pentium4 3.2 processor
1gig ddr memory
My Location
guernsey
i set it up myself it has got pictures on each of the satellites that i am getting a signal from.it has only worked on the satellites stated.
gameboy said:
:-Welcome1

Could be your dish mount - 80cm should be OK.

Who set it up?
Did it ever work?
Any pictures?

Could be other thinks... more detail please.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
How did you set it up?

Did you set a reference satellite at as close to South as possible (Thor 1 West) then set the East and West satellites on the arch?

Maybe as simple as the angle of the dish or motor.

Maybe the mount isn't vertical or the LNB is not skewed....

Any more information?
What kind of mount did you use?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
In Guernsey you are 2.3 degrees West, so 1West is still the best due South satellite to set up on, what type of motor are you using, is your mast perfectly vertical?

lemtech

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ss2 card
pentium4 3.2 processor
1gig ddr memory
My Location
guernsey
i have not been able to get a signal from THOR so i used hotbird to try and set it up, the mount that i am using is a TECHNISAT DISEQC MINI MOUNT
gameboy said:
How did you set it up?

Did you set a reference satellite at as close to South as possible (Thor 1 West) then set the East and West satellites on the arch?

Maybe as simple as the angle of the dish or motor.

Maybe the mount isn't vertical or the LNB is not skewed....

Any more information?
What kind of mount did you use?

lemtech

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ss2 card
pentium4 3.2 processor
1gig ddr memory
My Location
guernsey
i am using the TECHNISAT DISEQC MINI MOUNT and i have checked the mast and that is vertical

rolfw said:
In Guernsey you are 2.3 degrees West, so 1West is still the best due South satellite to set up on, what type of motor are you using, is your mast perfectly vertical?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, just had a look at the mount, seems pretty standard, when you were looking for 1W, what transponder were you using?

lemtech

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ss2 card
pentium4 3.2 processor
1gig ddr memory
My Location
guernsey
just used a meter to try for a signal
rolfw said:
OK, just had a look at the mount, seems pretty standard, when you were looking for 1W, what transponder were you using?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
1W is higher on the horizon than the Eastern satellites you mention.