Recieving Badr 3 and Nilesat in Glasgow

Messages
3
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
dish 1.1 m
My Location
Glasgow G31 4se
#1
can any one help me of how to receive badr 3 and nilesat frequencies in Glasgow, i have a 1.1m with a .3 Thomson LNB.
so, are there any specifications for the dish radius or the type of the LNB i should use.
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
45,535
Likes
8,262
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#4
I suggest you give up any ideas whatsoever of getting Nilesat :-lmao

Seriously:

Theres absolutely no info about what dish size will give you all the channels on Nilesat so far north but I would expect something around 2.5 - 3m should do ok!
 

johnwilliam1

Regular Member
Messages
147
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
#5
i use 88cm in the back garden for badr and as i speak 7pm i am getting 63 to 64% on mbc from hartlepool with a tech 1500+, the rest of the channels are more easier to get, but its still an awkward satellite to pull in . Nilesat that is something to forget about really, i once had a 1.6 mtr dish up and the signal can lose up to 20% during the day and it gradually comes back up at night time where the mbc can go up to about 55% and one tv about 63%. For you i would say get a 1.2 dish and if it is aligned properly it might do the job for you for the badr. I use a monitor next to my dish to help me pull in the signal, its a lot easier than using a meter, i have got it spot on to get the 63% with the size of the dish
 
Messages
3
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
dish 1.1 m
My Location
Glasgow G31 4se
#6
thank you for all of you, i will try and see what will happened.
 
Messages
6
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
7KuQuads in T90 13/19/28/40/45/53°e(still tuning 5/26/36+1CirTwin/60/75°e) + Inverto, MTI, Smart 0,2 dB LNBs.
Receivers: Relook400s w LAN, Coship 5300, Force, Manhattan.
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweden
#7
Hi, I have got a similar wish, I want to tune in to Badr 4 at 12130 V + 11919 H if possible...

I live in Gothenbourg Sweden and according to LyngSat I should receive about 43 dBW from Badr 4 in this location.

My antennas are one 110 cm Triax Unique and a T90 just being set up.
I have my antennas on the balcony and thus I'm somewhat limited in dish size. Hence I will need the most sensitive LNBs to have a chance of reception. But like You, johnwilliam1, I can tune in the dish monitoring the tv-set through the balcony window.

I was thinking of using sensitive Smart Quad LNBs for this task and if it is not suffiscient one Highsensitive MTI or Maximums V-Line Quad for the Bader 4 at 26 degree East.

Which Quad or Quattro do You recommend? :confused

Kind regards,
satcat :)
 

johnwilliam1

Regular Member
Messages
147
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
#8
satcat said:
Hi, I have got a similar wish, I want to tune in to Badr 4 at 12130 V + 11919 H if possible...

I live in Gothenbourg Sweden and according to LyngSat I should receive about 43 dBW from Badr 4 in this location.

My antennas are one 110 cm Triax Unique and a T90 just being set up.
I have my antennas on the balcony and thus I'm somewhat limited in dish size. Hence I will need the most sensitive LNBs to have a chance of reception. But like You, johnwilliam1, I can tune in the dish monitoring the tv-set through the balcony window.

I was thinking of using sensitive Smart Quad LNBs for this task and if it is not suffiscient one Highsensitive MTI or Maximums V-Line Quad for the Bader 4 at 26 degree East.

I have a question for experienced users: Which "signal-chain" setup is likely to return the strongest/best signal?

1) Quad LNB => High isolation DiSEqC 4/1 switch => Spaun SUR 420 WSG DiSEqC 1.1 uncommitted switch => receiver :confused
or
2) Quattro LNB => Multiswitch => Spaun SUR 420 WSG DiSEqC 1.1 uncommitted switch => receiver :confused

Which Quad or Quattro do You recommend? :confused

Kind regards,
satcat :)


i use a titanium 0.2 or a sharp 0.3 for badr i think they are the best 2
 
Messages
6
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
7KuQuads in T90 13/19/28/40/45/53°e(still tuning 5/26/36+1CirTwin/60/75°e) + Inverto, MTI, Smart 0,2 dB LNBs.
Receivers: Relook400s w LAN, Coship 5300, Force, Manhattan.
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweden
#9
johnwilliam1 said:
i use a titanium 0.2 or a sharp 0.3 for badr i think they are the best 2
Hi, johnwilliam1

Which frequencies did You use to find Badr 4? Which ones are the strongest?

I didn't find Badr 4 yet, so it would help to know.

Kind regards,
satcat :)
 

johnwilliam1

Regular Member
Messages
147
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
#10
satcat said:
Hi, johnwilliam1

Which frequencies did You use to find Badr 4? Which ones are the strongest?

I didn't find Badr 4 yet, so it would help to know.

Kind regards,
satcat :)

hi,
as i speak now 7.30pm uk time i have looked in the box and found 11788 v 27500 65% and 11862 v 27500 66% they at the moment are showing up the highest signal rate. What i did when i first got in the badr i found sky at 28e first and then gently moved the dish very slightly, a little nudge etc! i first went for 12130 v 27500 one tv i got it quiet easy really it was the mbc which was the difficult one, as i speak now the mbc is 58 to 59% , its a strange signal it can go higher and also it has been lower. i use a triax 88cm with tecnopmate 1500+ and a titanium 0.2 or a sharp 0.3
 
Messages
6
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
7KuQuads in T90 13/19/28/40/45/53°e(still tuning 5/26/36+1CirTwin/60/75°e) + Inverto, MTI, Smart 0,2 dB LNBs.
Receivers: Relook400s w LAN, Coship 5300, Force, Manhattan.
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweden
#11
Big thanks, johnwilliam1!

I will give it a try when the rain stops. On the balcony I don't get wet but it's likely that the signal does. ;)

Best regards,
satcat :)
 
Top