maxnws

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s+Mesh Type Dish+C/KU band LNB
My Location
MY
Hi me new here.

pls help me. when i press record in pc error msg popup in tv

(Record failed due to an write error during recording. Check for filesystem corruption.)

wat is the problem anyone can help?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you read the Idiot's Guide? Have you setup the permissions correctly?

Have you tried with the PC firewall turned off? What image are you using?

Welcome to the forum :)

maxnws

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
MY
Yes i have read the Idiot's Guide. And the mount to my pc oso ok
PC firewall oso off.

Wat is image? is it the release ver, my is 4.1.0

wat is Ngrab? and wat it for?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
An Image is the operating software that you need to put on the Dremabox for various things. How to load an image onto the dreambox is also in the idiot guide. If you got one of the newer Gemini images, then recording should not be a problem. Make sure you name the file movie and not Movie or MOVIE, depending on your windows operating system it might cause a problem.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
P.S. Don't forget to choose up "cifs" (next to the IP in the "mount" menu") of the dreambox.

maxnws

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
MY
the folder is c:/dreambox/movie (sharing). antivirus n firewall off.
choose -(cifs) ,automount -no tick

CIFS mount 192.168.1.102/dreambox/hdd ok!

in the pc web interface can the hard disk free space & record time balance but don know y when press record cant record .

error appear in the tv:
(Record failed due to an write error during recording. Check for filesystem corruption.)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands

maxnws

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
MY
below are the setting n 3rd pic are the error.

Attachments

• DSC00228.JPG
    DSC00228.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00229.JPG
    DSC00229.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC00230.JPG
    DSC00230.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 75

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Photo one is trying to mount a shared folder called dreambox (all lower case) on a computer with IP address 192.168.101 - is this correct?

Sometimes you need to change hdd to another path (depends if there are any symlinks to it on the dreambox) e.g. /mnt/hdd or /media/hdd and remember it is case sensitive.

And tick "automount".

Have you given the user dream full read write permissions to c:\dreambox and c:\dreambox\movie ?

Just trying to cover all the bases. Also, have you tried deleting the mount and creating it using the web interface?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
In my opinion you need to give the complete /dreambox folder the rights, including the right to change content, and not just the movies folder.

If the mount is ok, then the path is good as it is, the recording fault has something to do with the sharing (at least this is my gut feeling)

maxnws

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
MY
at last i can record from pc . i change back the username & password to my original user from my pc. T_G u rite there some fault in the sharing. i oso don know wat is the problem wif my dream user setting all sharing oledi rite & tick.

but anyway thank all ppl for help me up.

ya can i change the the channel no in the system at the all services tv?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
maxnws said:
at last i can record from pc . i change back the username & password to my original user from my pc. T_G u rite there some fault in the sharing. i oso don know wat is the problem wif my dream user setting all sharing oledi rite & tick.

but anyway thank all ppl for help me up.

ya can i change the the channel no in the system at the all services tv?

Hi
Good to hear you are recording - but really it should work if you set up a new user as disribed in the idiot guide. You should go back and try to set it up exactly as described once you got a bit more faminiar with it. How is the recording quality?

ya can i change the the channel no in the system at the all services

Not sure I understand your question, but you cannot change the channel numbers. The easiest thing to do is use the dreamboxedit program and create your own favourites. You can then back it up onto the computer so you don't have to do it again if you have to install a new image. It is all in the idiot guide as well.

And finally: Please don't use txt style writing here, too dificult to read and we're too old to understand it :)

bardock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500
Windows XP x64
My Location
Bahrain
First of all I'd like to say hello to everyone this is my first (hopefully of many posts)

I'm having the same problem as the OP I've followed the tutorial to the letter dream has full control over dreambox and the settings on the dreambox are correct but I can't get it to record it keeps on giving me the same error mentioned above.

I've tried Ngrab but the connection keeps on getting terminated after 5 minutes. Any ideas?

bardock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500
Windows XP x64
My Location
Bahrain
Sorry guys I've found the problem I missed the fact that read only in movie was ticked. Anyway still good to be here I'm hoping I can learn a lot from you guys!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Good to hear that you got it sorted :)