Recording BT Sport on a SKY box with Sky+

dodecahedron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
x5 80cm motorised dish
My Location
Yorkshire
I'm a bt broadband customer and was considering getting hold of a sky box and buying a fta viewing card from sky (£25) which you need the number from for access, to get BT sport, but someone I know reckons you can't record sky programs without a paid subscription. Anyone confirm this ? It would be a problem for me because of my job, most of the time I would end up recording the games and watching later.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
As I understand it you have to have a $ly subscription, not just an FTV (not FTA) card.

dodecahedron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
x5 80cm motorised dish
My Location
Yorkshire
As I understand it you have to have a $ly subscription, not just an FTV (not FTA) card.

Thanks for that if thats the case I won't bother. I've got a motorisd set up and can pick up some games from 39East using cw or I may go down the cccam route

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
As I understand the situation as a BT Broadband customer you are entitled to BT Sports for nothing via Freeview/Youview the player of which allows you to record programs, I have not got my setup yet as infinity has not arrived in my street, so I am unable to confirm my facts
more info here
http://www.youview.com/features/

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
They say on the ads that you need an"active viewing card" to watch BT Sports on the Sky TV platform and FTV cards are active (in a fashion) but I can`t see them letting you add it to a FTV card,

I don't know about the deal on satellite my self as I get BT Sports free as part of my Virgin Media TV package but I'd call BT and ask them

dodecahedron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
x5 80cm motorised dish
My Location
Yorkshire
Will have to do some checking as my contract runs out next month and it seems you need a 12month contract to get it

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
BT Sport told me that they would supply a card for £10. I didn't subscribe so I cannot really confirm.

arahim52

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
[url=http://www. marnetllc.com] IT Network Support[/url]
My Location
bangladesh
Thanks for that if thats the case I won't bother. I've got a motorisd set up and can pick up some games from 39East using cw or I may go down the cccam route

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
surely BT should allow their channels to be broadcast on freeview and encrypted in seca mediaguard/nagravision so a top-up tv style cam could be used in a lcd tv? again why should anyone have to use a crippled sky tv box and freesat card... if they provided a cam or broadcast in n**/seca/nagra and viewing card then a multi-satellite box could be used as long as it had a CI slot for the cam. a friend of mine who is a BT broadband customer bought a second hand Thompson pvr for £30, ordered a FTV card for £25 and had them activated for BT sports 1 and 2.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The biggest problem with FreeView is just lack of capacity, although with TUTV closing that will free some up.

UK pay tv operators are not in the slightest bit interested in providing official NDS cams due to piracy & streaming concerns