Recording from analogue

Big_Cheese

Regular Member
Messages
16
Likes
0
#1
I'm currently thinking about upgrading my system. At the moment I use an old Pace analogue box to access German channels. It has recently started to show its age, so I want to acquire a new(ish) one. At the same time, I'd like to move from VHS to DVD, and fancy a DVD recorder. Are the two items compatible?
 

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Messages
25,215
Likes
5,624
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
#2
I dont see a problem with a DVD receorder taking in analogue signals

As long as its a composite video output, with one or two audio lines, then you should be OK
 

Big_Cheese

Regular Member
Messages
16
Likes
0
#3
Channel Hopper said:
I dont see a problem with a DVD receorder taking in analogue signals

As long as its a composite video output, with one or two audio lines, then you should be OK
Thanks for that - anybody any advice on a good analogue box to hook up to a DVD recorder?
 
Messages
6
Likes
0
#4
Big_Cheese said:
Thanks for that - anybody any advice on a good analogue box to hook up to a DVD recorder?
YES! My old Pace MSS-508 is a beautiful old girl who's still going strong but is feeling a bit rejected after one of those newer digiboxes took over her old place underneath the tele...:p She works like a dream and has the remote, is in great all round condition. I used it all of last year for the Formula One on RTL and n-tv. The only reason I am selling it is because I needed the digital instead because I want RAI and I don't want to change from Astra to Hotbird. And yes I have a dvd recorder and it's no problem at all.
If your interested send me a PM and tell me what price you are looking to pay. :)
 

Big_Cheese

Regular Member
Messages
16
Likes
0
#5
f1_fan said:
YES! My old Pace MSS-508 is a beautiful old girl who's still going strong but is feeling a bit rejected after one of those newer digiboxes took over her old place underneath the tele...:p She works like a dream and has the remote, is in great all round condition. I used it all of last year for the Formula One on RTL and n-tv. The only reason I am selling it is because I needed the digital instead because I want RAI and I don't want to change from Astra to Hotbird. And yes I have a dvd recorder and it's no problem at all.
If your interested send me a PM and tell me what price you are looking to pay. :)
tried to send a PM but got this error message -f1_fan has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
I'm checking e-bay...
 
Top