Recording in db5620 does not work

PKS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 5620
Hydra Phoenix 1.09 with NewCamD, currently i am trying to learn the Dbox, hence i am totalt noobie in this :D
My Location
DK
Hej guys....

I have mounted my DB to my computer using this method --> http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showpost.php?p=211479&postcount=24 given by PCD....

I had success in mounting and playback from the computer in file mode....

But i cannot record... i tried by pressing the Video and then the radio button, but then i only get into the radio menu... :(

Can anyone help me... i am using a as mentioned db 5620 and i have installed Hydra Phoenix 1.09....

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You need to use the yellow button to get PVR on the screen.

As my remote is basic I had to use a modifed xml file to use the MUTE button as the record button. What does your remote control look like?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
PKS said:
Hej guys....

I have mounted my DB to my computer using this method --> http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showpost.php?p=211479&postcount=24 given by PCD....

I had success in mounting and playback from the computer in file mode....

But i cannot record... i tried by pressing the Video and then the radio button, but then i only get into the radio menu... :(

Can anyone help me... i am using a as mentioned db 5620 and i have installed Hydra Phoenix 1.09....

First of all, welcome to the forum and the Dreambox world!!!

Don't worry, you will have your recording sorted, it works 100%. I got a 5620 and I use it all the time.
I am not sure though what the problem is, it could be the Hydra image. My advice for you is: Go for the Gemini image, then you anly need tomount as described (no need to install the cifs plugin into the dreambox) and it will work a treat. I only press video, then Radio and it works. There are however a few times where you might need to repeat this.
Also: I sometimes keep the dreambox on and unbooted for several days, it seems better if you reboot once in a while when recording.
When you want to playback, again sometimes it might produce a black screen. This happens for the same reasons.

Try the Gemini and see what happens!

PKS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 5620
Hydra Phoenix 1.09 with NewCamD, currently i am trying to learn the Dbox, hence i am totalt noobie in this :D
My Location
DK
When I get some more time I will try what you mentioned mkhu, thanks for the tip....

Hey TG: Thanks for the tip about the Hydra image... but i can't use any others though since i am using Hydra for a specific purpose....

But is not possible through the hydra at all then?? i am able to mount the computer to the DB and then view mpeg, dat, mp3 files from the PC.... but i cannot record....

Let's see what mkhu's idea does... and if it doesn't work... i need to find another way then...

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
OK, I see...no problem, you should be able to use Hydra.

If you manage to play back stuff, then you are already half way there. One thing I would try:

Press info button twice, you should get the EPG menu come up, and then press the green, and the timer menu should come up . try to set up a recording (you need to ser to record DVR in the switch box).
Also, what you should try is to record from your internet explorer and see what happens.
I am not sure, but it could be that for the Hydra you will need to install the CIFS plugin onto the dreambox (Gemioni has it built in it seems),
Try this and tell us what happened.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

PKS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 5620
My Location
DK
I am very busy at the moment with exams and stuff... i will definantly look into this later and let you guys know.... And thanks alot for beeing so helpfull :D