Recording on pc from dreambox via lan

sardo1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000 no h/d.
AMD 64 PC
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the dreambox recording facility using a remote hardisk? That is the pc hard disk via a lan connection to the dreambox. Seems sensible to me that it could be possible, but I cannot find any information on how to do it.

Thanks.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
You can do it with Gemini. RTFM. I only used it for 5620 but it works.

sardo1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000 no h/d.
AMD 64 PC
mhku said:
Allright. I admit I was a little lame with doing the groundwork before posting a question but I have seen this thread and, call me thick, but I don't really understand it. Does ngrab go on the pc or on the dreambox? Is it part of an image. If not on all images can I use an add on? And most important of all is it any good? i.e. Is it better just to use a hard disk?

Sorry for the multitude of questions.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Mgrab is better than ngrab. Both are for the pc. Info here :-w-w.marst.net. Mtuxvision is also very good for recording, do a google seach. I found the cifs method given in the ideot's guide the best for the 5620. I understand the hard disk is best for the 7000, but it makes some noise. Regards.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Here is one for you PCD: The cifs method as you described in the other post, can it be used with other images or only with Gemini ?

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Cifs recording is tricky, because different images have different mounts. But Mtuxvision and Mgrab can record from most images, and can be played back on tv through cifs or on the pc by opening the file. Quality is quite good. Regards, pcd.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
No need to download Cifs plugin, already in image. In DB cifs config set Local dir /mnt/nfs, leave guest, guest. Record with video button, next radio button as usual. Regards.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
PCD said:
No need to download Cifs plugin, already in image. In DB cifs config set Local dir /mnt/nfs, leave guest, guest. Record with video button, next radio button as usual. Regards.

What image? PI2??

sardo1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000 no h/d.
AMD 64 PC
PCD said:
Mgrab is better than ngrab. Both are for the pc. Info here :-w-w.marst.net. Mtuxvision is also very good for recording, do a google seach. I found the cifs method given in the ideot's guide the best for the 5620. I understand the hard disk is best for the 7000, but it makes some noise. Regards.

Thanks for your help fellas. I found some additional information on an italian website but obviously you need to understand Italian or translate it. It's useful for downloads if nothing else:
http://www.forumfree.net/?t=2869218

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Cifs with Trillenium 56xx image - no need to download plugin, already in image. Local mount /mnt/nfs. No video function, so record possible only from enigma web page. Mount cifs in DB, in pc open web page 192.168.0.24 (DB ip), click on Record button, flashing red light will start, to stop click on Stop button. Regards, pcd.