recording probs with Zues...

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
I moved from Hydra Angharad to Zeus, using flashwizardPRO 4.5b. It worked a treat, and all my settings were transferred correctly :-)

so now Angharad screen appears on boot, with the flashWizard menu then coming asking me which image i would like to boot.

Zeus works very well. clearing all 0.8 W now :-)) ... but one problem ... when i record, say, a live footy game, and i rewind a goal or whatever, it is not working correctly ... screen freezes, pixelates a lot, etc. Never had this problem with Angharad, it always worked very smoothly...

any comments/suggestions?

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
wallycharlo said:
I moved from Hydra Angharad to Zeus, using flashwizardPRO 4.5b. It worked a treat, and all my settings were transferred correctly :-)

so now Angharad screen appears on boot, with the flashWizard menu then coming asking me which image i would like to boot.

Zeus works very well. clearing all 0.8 W now :-)) ... but one problem ... when i record, say, a live footy game, and i rewind a goal or whatever, it is not working correctly ... screen freezes, pixelates a lot, etc. Never had this problem with Angharad, it always worked very smoothly...

Can you clarify?
Have you recorded it totally to produce a file in 'recorded movies' and then try to replay or are you live time shifting?
If the former, then I find playback and FF and FRW to be trouble free. The quick dabs on the blue or red buttons send it into up to 64x FF or RW mode in steps of 2x.
I havnt used the live time shift m ode yet.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
if i record and playback its fine. its the live time shift im having problems with.

Olaf

Reaction score
wallycharlo said:

I have similar problem. Recording ( straight ) starts normal but playback
( I use green play button ) starts 2x normal speed. With Angharad image everyting works OK Please help

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
olaf, im not sure what the problem is. in fact, its only on certain channels that i get this problem! are you also talking about time shifting live TV? ie, when u stop a recording and play it back is everything ok?