Recording receiver that can be patched

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream Box 7025+, Skystar2
My Location
UAE, Dubai
Anyone knows about a recording receiver with hard drive AND can be patched? Any brand will be fine.

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Dream Box 600 Pvr, and they have more models too.

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE, Dubai
But I dont want a web based receiver. As far as I know it requires a DSL connection and it requires a monthly subscription. Any other options?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Gentleman_1 said:
But I dont want a web based receiver. As far as I know it requires a DSL connection and it requires a monthly subscription. Any other options?

Monthly subscription to what???? if you are posting on here then you are already paying for your internet connection so what other monthly subscription are you referring to?

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE, Dubai
ACtually I am using a dial up now and the DSL where I am at requires considerable monthly payments. I already use a DVB device for satellite reception which gives me some more choices in channels and that is enough for me right now. It is strange that no recording receiver could be patched.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The dreambox doesn't need to be connected to the internet directly, simply connected to your PC, similarly the Technomate 9100 and other Linux based PVR receivers, you can download the files and keybundles and update the Dreambox by FTP.

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE, Dubai
It looks like there are details about dreambox that I dont know. you mean it can break the code by getting the keys from PC just once and continues on its own while it is connected to a sat dish? Where can I find full details about operating the dreambox?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Look in the Dreambox section for the idiot guide, gives you a howto on most aspects.