Recording using SS2

klinkerhoffen

Reaction score
Hi,

I`ve been trying to record programs using ProgDVD and DVBDream - when I replay the recording it normally either plays the first frame only or plays back really stuttery.

I think I have all of the latest codecs - what am I doing wrong? For information DVBViewer doesn`t want to play ball at all - I can`t get any picture with it. :confused

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..
Hi Klink, whats your system setup ? (processor ram etc..)
I had similar issues when I first started out and that was mainly down to my PC spec.
Ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card etc.
Have you tried playback through media player and by opening the file within progDVB ?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Rod - did you ever get to the bottom of the sync probs
at the end of the rec sess or is it still up in the air ??

klinkerhoffen

Reaction score
I`ve added my system setup to my signature - since posting I have updated to the latest version of DVBDream (v0.86) and successfully recorded and played back a small clip.

The picture in the viewer itself seems to have a lot of interference which isn`t the case when I use AltDVB although I haven`t figured out how to playback AltDVB TS files that are generated from the recordings.

I`ll upgrade my NVIDIA drivers to see if that makes a difference - BTW I am using a SS2 Rev 2.6C with latest Technisat drivers.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
That's interesting. To confirm, are you saying that AltDVB can record in .TS format, but won't play back the same files?

There are other players that will play back .TS files on the PC (have a look at the 'Playing back on the PC' section here :- http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/DigiTV/dbox-howto.htm). The older version that I used to use of VideoLAN sometimes froze on playback, but not often.

Or you could buy a Dreambox, and play them back on your telly! :D

Also, is it not possible to change the format that AltDVB records to?

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..
Hi Lance, no mate still get the sync issue.
I'll be honest, clips of about 1 minute to even 30 minutes are fine, however if I record a feature from the outset it tends to lose sync during periods of dark screens... wierd.