Recordings skipping back to main channel

Tony Smith409

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freeway Satellite Recordable 4K TV Box 500GB connected to a Samsung TV.
My Location
East Sussex, UK
Hi folks, can anyone help I have recently had a Freesat Recordable 4K TV Box 500GB installed and have found on occasions when I am watching a recording it will suddenly skip back to a main channel and I have to go back to recordings select the programme again and continue watching, this is annoying, but today I was watching a recording saying it was an hour long programme and it kept skipping back to a main channel and would not let me watch anymore of the programme from where it had cut off after about two and a half minutes.
Anyone else have this problem?

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Could be a dodgy hard drive. Do you have any problems with picture break up on TV channels? Also does it happen if you hide the remote? Just to check there's no spurious signals coming from it.

Tony Smith409

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Sussex, UK
Not sure about dodgy hard drive, don’t have any trouble with picture break up on TV channels, I will try hiding the remote thanks. Never had this problem with my old Humex recorder.
If all that does not work it is under warranty, so back to the supplier, ta much.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
As the problem re-occurs at the same point on the recording that would point to a problem with the drive.

Tony Smith409

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Sussex, UK
Thank you, I will get in touch with the provider.