Red Button no longer available from Astra 2A/B?

nick!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace skydigibox with non-subscription sky digital viewing card. 1 metre dish. Not used for 6 years so unsure card is still valid.
My Location
Austria (East)
The red button option no longer seems to works on the BBC channels which are fed from Astra 2A/2B (but not 2D), like BBC News and BBC Parliament? So if you can't receive Astra 2D then you can't access BBC Sport via red button anymore. Is my thinking right? Is there another way of getting BBC Sport Red Button options when signal from 2D is too weak?

nick!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace skydigibox with non-subscription sky digital viewing card. 1 metre dish. Not used for 6 years so unsure card is still valid.
My Location
Austria (East)
The red button option no longer seems to works on the BBC channels which are fed from Astra 2A/2B (but not 2D), like BBC News and BBC Parliament? So if you can't receive Astra 2D then you can't access BBC Sport via red button anymore. Is my thinking right? Is there another way of getting BBC Sport Red Button options when signal from 2D is too weak?

skyblueboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8 mtr dish
normal lnb
amstad 280 pvr 3
My Location
malta
red button on sky box works well.
prees the red button
then enter 3001
then select and up comes the sport

skyblueboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8 mtr dish
normal lnb
amstad 280 pvr 3
My Location
malta
red button on sky box works well.
prees the red button
then enter 3001
then select and up comes the sport

nick!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Austria (East)
Hi sykblueboy,

That's what I normally do but pressing the red button on remote doesn't do anything anymore. The remote itself is still functioning so it can't be flat batteries so I'm thinking it's a software change. What BBC channel were you on when you press the red button?

nick!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Austria (East)
Hi sykblueboy,

That's what I normally do but pressing the red button on remote doesn't do anything anymore. The remote itself is still functioning so it can't be flat batteries so I'm thinking it's a software change. What BBC channel were you on when you press the red button?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The box may have partially crashed. Pull the plug out of the wall for a couple of minutes & retry.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The box may have partially crashed. Pull the plug out of the wall for a couple of minutes & retry.

nick!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Austria (East)
I just noticed that the BBC red button doesn't seem to work from a BBC channel added by the ADD CHANNELS menu option, but it does work if I goto the same BBC channel in the auto tuned list. Hope I'm making sense. Anyway I'm sorted. Thanks for the responses.

nick!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Austria (East)
I just noticed that the BBC red button doesn't seem to work from a BBC channel added by the ADD CHANNELS menu option, but it does work if I goto the same BBC channel in the auto tuned list. Hope I'm making sense. Anyway I'm sorted. Thanks for the responses.