Red cam and embedded - software?

N

NOVICE

Okay, lads, I'm buying a Millennium 2000 programmer to have a go at Viaccess cards for myself and a M8. We both have Echostar DSB2110 - one of us with Viaccess embedded, one with one of the new red CAMs. Any answers to the following will be wreathed in gold on my hard-drive for eternity.
1) What are the software options for Viaccess embedded on the Echostar DSB2110. Which files do I need to download? How often will I need to reprogramme. Will I be able to enter new keys via remote? And will I be able to find an autoupdate? My Mediaguard card runs for a week short of two months before I have to get it reprogrammed.
2) Same questions for the red CAM? What are the software options? Which files to download? Can we enter keys by remote? Any chance of autoupdate? How often will card need reprogramming?
Cheers in advance.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Some of these questions you will find answered (some many times) on the board already.
Check out the search function.

The normal black CAM files should be ok on the embedded CAM you have. I've also had red CAM files working in my own ad300ipva. It's largely a matter of "suck it and see".

2old

N

NOVICE

Cheers, 2 old. I've tried since this was posted. I've got everything working in Seca - beamers, the best download - even works TVBS on Aston v1.04 and 1.05. Less luck with Viaccess - red CAM, v481, so can only download Barracuda, I think. Managed to get it working for most stuff with Barracuda v103. Mainly cos it unzips into two nice hex files which, with my dismal technical knowledge, I have worked out how to load into my Millennium 2000VX programmer. But the latest Barracuda V105 unzips into one hex file and one bin file. I don't even know what a bin file is, let alone how to convert all this lot into a pic.hex and eeprom.hex that I can load onto a card via my programmer. And as for the editor that appears to be in the download also, there are ZERO INSTRUCTIONS about how to use it. Okay, I realise all this stuff is probably not catered to a cretin like me who's only had a computer two weeks and doesn't know a byte from a nipfile, but you think there'd be something to try to point even the neanderthals among us in the direction of where to start. . . I know how Dr. David Banner felt. My trousers are shrinking and I'm getting greener by the minute!
THE UNINCREDIBLE HULK

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
if you read our "how to/FAQ" then you will know what a bin file is and what to do with it.
Here it is.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID15/15.html

The links are way out of date by now but the info is by and large still valid.

2old