ReelBox PVR 1100 future alternative to dreambox?

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
http://reel-multimedia.com/en/endkunde/produkte.html

"DVB-Receiver, Videorecorder, DVD-Player and Homeserver - all in one! Enter into the new dimension of digital television - with the ReelBOX PVR 1100"

I hope this is of interest and I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong forum, but it is a linux reciever. I don't think this reciever has been mentioned on the forum before.

"TV-Tuners: the two DVB-tuners are separately exchangeable and can be purchased under Accessory. If you already have the model ReelBox PVR 1100 S for satellite use, it is possible to switch to cable or antenna (terrestric) by exchanging one of the DVB-S-combi-tuners with a DVB-CT-combi-tuner. This is also the case vice versa"

Will do mostly what the Dreambox (officially) will do plus it has a DVD drive and Analogue inputs.... Theres a lot of info on the web about it but its all in German unfortunately. I don't know if there are any modified images for it yet.

http://www.visionsat.co.uk/products.php?cat=6&pg=2 seem to be the UK re-seller and they list it as out of stock available shortly for £488

EDW

Reaction score
DTV-Modi 480p, 720p und 1080i

Dreambox killer I'd say but too pricey.

MacAddict

Reaction score
Its packed with features including the firewire ports, but too ugly for my liking.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
MacAddict said:
Its packed with features including the firewire ports, but too ugly for my liking.

Hiya MacA, long time no hear... :)

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Agree, its too ugly and it's lacking 36V positioner for it's extremely high price.

No DVI or HDMI port either.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Likvid said:
Agree, its too ugly and it's lacking 36V positioner for it's extremely high price.

No DVI or HDMI port either.

Yes a bit pricey with no hd installed, pity as well there is no dvd writer installed which could record the movies off the hd (if installed). May worth another look down the road if it upgrades.