Regarding Dreambox DM800 HD Pro. The Sim, HD And Lower signal reception.

jaybasim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 satellites connected to 1 receiver help
My Location
london
Right Guys i have just brought a DM800 HD Box Clone box . it states on the description that it has a sim 2.01 and Lower signal reception ? the spec is below

DM800 new tuner HIG003 REV:M (HD channel 8PSK/QPSK Symbol rate 1-45M/S)

DM800pro HIG003 REV:M KEY features:
multi standard demodulation
Lower signal reception
DM800pro able to receive all HD channel, instead DM500HD and DM800SE.
Blind scan support.

I did inform the seller that i wanted this box to recieve all HD channels and no glitching and freezing, he informed me that his boxes and tuner give superb quality in HD and if not he would refund me my money.

My Question is though.

The description of the item states "Lower Signal Reception"

Isnt that bad in terms of buying this dreambox ? or am i mistaken and understanding it wrongly ?.

And the SIM why do we have sims in the HD800 boxes ? i know its down to security but why are these 2.01 and 2.1 and ferrari being released ? aint they all the same just you can use different images or does each one impose a hard ware benefit for the box ?

if anyone has a dm800 hd clone whats your experience of yours ?

thank guys Im all new to understanding this , answers would be great and i thank you for answering.

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
I think the description has been lost in translation!The 'lower signal reception' means it should pick up a signal which is quite low and display it whereas other tuners may miss it.
I have a Ferrari sim card in my DM800HD but with an old tuner,K series I think,anyhow both sim 2.01 and ferrari do the same job but some say that sim 2.01 have better support etc

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Rev M tuner is good. I never had any problems with it with my old 2.01 SIM clone.