Relook 400S forced sale

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Hi mates,

I am reluctantly selling my boxed relook 400s which is only one month old for £240 delivered (as originally purchased) because I need some cash for a project - I will manage with my Skystar2 PCI card in the meanwhile.

I have previously used dreambox DM7020S, 7000S and DM5620S and consider this 400S to be of better quality in terms of hardware and tuner sensitivity.

If any mate in Belfast is interested, you can self collect, COD for a bargain price of £220 - supplied with original receipt for warranty purpose - Will list on Ebay in 2 weeks time if no interest here on satellites.co.uk

Thought to offer it here first.

Thanks and email me if interested.

ikhadaroo@yahoo.com

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to put this in the members sales room (bottom section), I'll leave this here for a while (although I shouldn't really). ;)

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
You can't sell it mate, it's too precious.:D

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Agree with you both :)

@ Rolf - Please move to the relevant section.

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Likvid said:
You can't sell it mate, it's too precious.:D
I'd like some help with the USALs motor settings...?

I just bought a Topfield for the wife to use (she has a Freeview Topfield). I quite like it. :)

Hopefully the ReelBox should run Enigma soon and then I'll have a toy to pkay with.

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Me I have been using a diseqc switch (never used motor) and pointing at 3 sat (more than enough for me) and have been happy, even with the dreamboxes. I would agree that in terms of software the Dreambox is 'currently' better but there are many images being released and there are high 'expectation' that enigma will work on relook in the near future. Anyway, have listed mine on Ebay now and have provided a link to this excellent forum and denktenk.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
rhubarbe said:
Well, Likvid, me old china, I musr admit mine too has been consigned to a box in the dining room pending a starring role at eBay. I just can't get USALs to work on it and it is such a PITA moving from one sat to another that I gave up and bought a (I know you found it boring) Topfield TF5000PVR in which my Dragon does sterling service.

At least the wife has a chance of being able to control the Topfield

You like your TOPFIELD?

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
So far, yes, I do. Don't like the WSS issue but I'll update the firrmware later....

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
There is one bid - and 9 watchers (including some of you guys) :)

I have built a hometheatre PC with an Antec Overture II casing which is quite silent, p4 HT 2.6, Geforce FX5500 256mb, 1gb DDR, SATA 200 samsung, and am waiting for delivery for a Twinhan 1030A PCI card (I am currently using a Technotrend Cable card, a freeview card and a SkyStar2 card with it - but am disposing the SkyStar2 as I want to watch FullX with my zeta CAM, which I was using with the Relook).

Will be posting in the PC card section mostly from now on, if I have trouble with the Twinhan (ProgDVB is working perfectly now with the Skystar2).

Always around (except if Rolf decides to ban me O-Ha ) - see you guys and girls.

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Now, don't get all smug, Likvid, me old china but I have to admit the Topfield, though a darned fine looking IRD and mechanically about as good as you can get, is boring. Its tuner isn't a patch on the 400s; it doesn't WSS properly; and it doesn't have that nice ethernet port.

I take my hat off to you, my friend.

OK, the 400s is a nice looking box also.

I am back on message, as they say in the UK. Well, the tossers say it, anyway.

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Sold for 245 delivered :)

Am using a twihan with CI on my HTPC

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
£245. Was that including a HDD?

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Sorry for late reply. That price was excluding HDD.

Did you sell yours - Myself and Likivid bought a Dreambox 500S.... O-Ha

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
cfphoenix said:
Sorry for late reply. That price was excluding HDD.

Did you sell yours - Myself and Likivid bought a Dreambox 500S.... O-Ha

That was a good price ;)

I sold mine for 280 euro without HDD which is a bit less than yours.

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Sold mine too. Bought a DM 7025.