Relook vs Dreambox

gb2

Reaction score
Hello,

Please share your thoughts about the relook vs the Dreambox...
How is it to use (vs the dreambox)? Is it fast? Stable?
(I saw the relook manual, and thought that the menu's are a bit ugly...)

Are the recordings free from errors?
Can it stream video without errors?
Can I transfer the recordings to my pc across the network? at what speed?

thanks.

erosennin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Solar System, currently on planet earth.
My Location
The other side
It would be cool to read a review by a DB user... Anyone has both (Relook 400s Vs DB 7020) or (Relook 400s Vs DB 7000)?

:-tree

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's probably a little early to find someone who has both, but I'm sure it will happen.:)

bigsinky

DVB Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m triax motorised from 28.2e to 30w, relook 400, dreambox 7020, DM500, skystar1, nokia 9500,humax FTA, full 7.1 home cinema

xp4600+ @2.7GHz(aircooled) , 4.5TB HDD, 4GB SDRAM, Dual 8800
My Location
Belfast
i have both at the moment. used a DB7020 with gemini 2.6 and thought it was a piece of piss to use. so many plugins, cams etc. got CS working with NewcamD and cs1.11

first impressions of the relook. look miles better than the 7020 with its nice vac display and brushed aluminium case. i upgraded the image in the box via usb to the latest Ruudbox, but forgive me if i am wrong it looks just like the standard image. there is no facility atm to upgrade images via ftp/network but i am told this will come in future releases, as will video record to a hard disk on your pc via NFS/CIFS. there is network functionality as i can login to the relook and see all the folders, but a tutorial on where to put various files would be nice.

tuner seems to be alot more sensitive than the new alps tuner in the 7020 which can only be a good thing thing for those weaker transponders. i had to get my dish resited and lost sight of all the birds west of sirius 5e, so i can't check for signal strength on tv1000 after 10pm. that would have been the acid test for this tuner.

only had my relook a couple of days. would like to see a better interface for tracking of satellites with signal strength and quality showing % as well as coloured bars. BER would also be nice along with a nice on screen grapic of what direction your dish is pointing. may be later releases of firmware, not really a must have as we need to get alot more fundamental things sorted before it comes anywhere near the standard of functionality of the 7020.

still very much in its infancy but i can see great thing happening with the box. will report further findings as i make them. hope this has been helpful to some of you out there

cheers

big sinky

erosennin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Solar System, currently on planet earth.
My Location
The other side
Very helpful indeed :-Cbigsmil

Thanks! :-thumbup

degzzy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000's
Relook 400's
My Location
North West UK
Hi Bigsinky (****)
Glad to here you got your Relook 400s m8
Hope we can have an in depth talk about the machine m8
All the best for the new year to your self and all members
Regards Degzzy

bigsinky

DVB Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m triax motorised from 28.2e to 30w, relook 400, dreambox 7020, DM500, skystar1, nokia 9500,humax FTA, full 7.1 home cinema

xp4600+ @2.7GHz(aircooled) , 4.5TB HDD, 4GB SDRAM, Dual 8800
My Location
Belfast
cheers mate, same to you and yours. no probs with the discussions, see you on skype for the skinny on the new machine. have to say at the moment the interface is very ugly. would like something along the lines of functionality of the gemini image on the 7020. installed the new ruudbox image with the various cams installed but can't access them. don't know which folders to put the keys in as the folders are not the same as the 7020. maybe someone one (Likvid) will post where to ut the various keys and cams on the relook.

cheers

sinky

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
bigsinky said:
cheers mate, same to you and yours. no probs with the discussions, see you on skype for the skinny on the new machine. have to say at the moment the interface is very ugly. would like something along the lines of functionality of the gemini image on the 7020. installed the new ruudbox image with the various cams installed but can't access them. don't know which folders to put the keys in as the folders are not the same as the 7020. maybe someone one (Likvid) will post where to ut the various keys and cams on the relook.

cheers

sinky

I can't link to key sites here as it's against forum rules but i can say that you can use the same keys as to the Dreambox.

If you used Rudbox which in my opinion is the best image available to 400s now you have to download keys for either the Mgcamd or Evocamd EMU.

Mgcamd use these keys, everything goes into /var/keys

Softcam.key

Autoroll.key

Evocamd use these keys, everything goes here to /var/keys

Autoupdate.key

Keylist.txt

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Likvid said:
I can't link to key sites here as it's against forum rules but i can say that you can use the same keys as to the Dreambox.

Hi Likvid
I think we need clarification here, we do not want patches posting directly on the forum but you can add a link to a site however you must deactivate it by altering http to _http www to w*w then highlighting the whole link and deactiviating using the link button with the red cross as below

drtvadr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pansat 2700/3500, coolsat 4000 pro, cw600s, spacestar 500s, viewsat platinum, viewsat extreme, dreambox 7020S, relook 400 and triple-dragon 3000.
My Location
in a galaxy far, far away
i have both also, however, the dreambox was very complicated for me to program and figure out all the addons etc. i have with time learned to program multiboot images and change channel list etc. once you learn the basics it isn't too bad. the picture is fantastic. the relook was a little easier to program (via the internet). once up and running (btw they say after loading just exit and watch tv) well for me that was bs. you have to go back to the menu and push 5000 to enter the keys (in line 99 i think). once the keys were in it came right up and does have a great picture. you can do so much more with the dreambox than the relook. i think with time and new images the relook will hold its' own in the market place. i would have to vote for the dreambox 7020s now. just my two cents.:)

marcalhon

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
Hi, some questions:

1) Does the relook works with official cards, like dreamob does??
2) Does the relook work with card-sharing

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
marcalhon said:
Hi, some questions:

1) Does the relook works with official cards, like dreamob does??
2) Does the relook work with card-sharing

1. Yes it does, you have different EMUs like CCcam, Mgcamd, and some more.

2. Yes it does with NewCS or Gbox or Cardspider.