Remote Conrtol

Ger

Reaction score
My Location
Limerick ireland
Has anybody any idea how to control two digiboxes in the same room without cross selection of channels

Regards

Ger

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
extend the cables and move one behind the sofa

Ger

Reaction score
My Location
Limerick ireland
Channel Hopper said:
extend the cables and move one behind the sofa

Channel Hopper

Thanks for the info

will give it a try

Ger

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Alternatively, do a similar thing but with less cables.

Cover the remote sensor of one digibox and then get the digieye remote extender and a few meters of coax cable. Then run this from RF out 2 to somewhere sheltered in the room (like behind the sofa). Then to control one digibox point the remote at the digiboxes, and to control the other point the remote over the sofa etc.

Or get a Sky+ box.

S

Stargazer

Another way would be to get a universal remote that can sent RF signals to an IR transmitter - like the Pronto Pro, Marantz RC5200 or the RC9200 (the RF extender is included with the RC9200 - Pronto Pro and RC5200 owners have to buy one separately). Fix one of the RF extender's LEDs over the sensor for one Digibox (and put masking tape on top). On the remote, you can create 2 panels for your Sky boxes and assign one of them to the RF extender (the remote's own IR will be used for the other).

This costs a lot more, but can be extended to cover more Digiboxes (using more RF extenders), can control all your other devices (which means you can have a macro that switches on your TV, amplifier, digibox, etc and makes all the necessary audio and video input adjustments) and (drumroll...) removes the need to point your remote in different directions!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Cheaper to stick one behind the sofa

S

Stargazer

You mean, cheaper to buy a sofa to stick one behind! There are other advantages though - like being able to dispense with having 12-13 other remote controls sitting on your coffee table (not much space for coffee with that lot!) and being able to automate system setup by using macros. More for the high-end home cinema system though, yes I agree.