Removal of existing Technisat DVB viewer Software before downloading ProgDVB?

Markie9999

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry for such a basic question but have just started with DVB-S today! I have just insatlled Skystar 2 card (no dish or LNB yet - I know, I know). If I want to install ProgDVB do i need to uninstall the current Technisat DVB viewer software or can I just download ProgDVB?

Many thanks (and grovelling apologies for such an ignorant question!).

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
No need to remove it, but you may find yourself juggling with codecs the more viewers you install. Play it by ear, but there are no application conflicts AFAIK.

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
Hey, Dont uninstall DVB viewer software. I made this mistake and took hell of time to fix the problem. If you read some of my old thread you will know. You can load ProgDVB as it is. Take care.

Markie9999

Reaction score
Thank you very much BGonaStick and Jaffer I shall try it tonight - unfortunately still on 56Kb modem so shouldn't take longer than four hours to download ProgDVB!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
NP.

It's not very large (1.76M:cool:.

You can uninstall DVBViewer as long as you don't uninstall the drivers, but it can be a bit tricky.

Markie9999

Reaction score
Thanks very much Llew and BGonaSTICK, t'is much appreciated.

One stupid question, how do I install Yankse in the ProgDVB directory, is it a matter of copy/cut and paste or do I need to unzip/activate it in some way.

Also I seem to recal a previous thread which talks about updating the root directory/bios is this necessary.

Many thanks and apologies for ignorance!