removing red interactive blob

tlr20

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Other than pressing the back-up button every 15 minutes is there a way to disable the annoying red blob for interactive content?
thnks
TLR

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Annoying as it is, I don't believe that there is a way of getting rid of it, at least not if using a Sky digibox.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I must admit, I've never understood why some people find such tiny, static logos annoying. The increasing clutter, scrolling tikcertape and garish straps that take up half the viewable area on a news channel - now THAT's annoying. But a little red blob unobtrusively stick in the corner?

Anyhooo... how would you know whether or not there was interactive content available if you didn't have some sort of on-screen marker?

2old

ictcphs

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you want to remove the "red spot" then look here:

http://www.satcure.com/accs/page5.htm

DigiMemo

This module simply plugs into the RF2 output socket at the back of your Sky Digibox. If the mains power fails, the Auto-On switches it back onto a preset channel, a minute after power returns.

The DigiMemo allows the default channel to be set by the user.

It also sends the 'backup' command every minute to get rid of the dreaded "red spot" in the corner of the screen.

Ideal for Hotel installations, shop displays and places where you can't afford to have the Digibox remain in standby.

Excellent for TiVo owners who suffer from mains interruptions, the DigiMemo 1 will ensure that your Digibox is always ready for those recordings which you don't want to miss. A special version is available now for the Sky+ PVR.

We can also provide customised versions for radio station or 'other channel' selection, where the required default channel is not contained in the EPG. Contact us with your requirement.

Ideal for SMATV systems, driving each digibox back to your assigned channel after a mains interruption.

Now available: the Digimemo2, Digimemo4 and Digimemo6, which can control 2, 4 or 6 Digiboxes (including Amstrad, Grundig, Pace, Panasonic and Sony - or a mix of these).

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Better still you can use the

DotZapper_£ 17.61inc
£ 14.99 ex __
The DotZapper_clears that annoying Red Dot.
The DotZapper_connects to the RF2 connector on a Sky Digibox, and sends the 'Backup' command to clear the Red Dot off the screen.

Hadn't seen this before. :)

http://www.keshelectrics.co.uk/

Go to online shop and then Summer Sale

They also sell the Digimemo and several other useful gadgets.