Help Required Repairing Power Board - Echostar D-2600 IP

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi,

Would anyone please be able to advise me if there is an easy fix for a novice to repair the power board circuit in an Echostar D-2600 IP receiver?

I think that it is a fairly common fault with these units when they get old and have not been used for a while. It was working several years ago when I stored it away but now fails to power up.

Or, is it just bin fodder to be replaced by a working unit from eBay?

Rgds

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
Hi, it sounds as if you may need to change some capacitors on the psu board. Pretty common fault and doesn't costing to repair it ourself is you can solder.

Sent from Tapatalk

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi, it sounds as if you may need to change some capacitors on the psu board. Pretty common fault and doesn't costing to repair it ourself is you can solder.

Hi,

Yes, I thought that it was something like that. Does anyone know which capacitors need to be changed or has anyone got a board map related to this repair?

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
On a simple basis, look carefully at vertical standing capacitors and see if any have a domed top,they should be perfectly flat. Some even have 3 lines etched in this top to stop the cap exploding. Replace these first. Be aware they have to replaced with the polarity the right way. There's generally a line on the board and the capacitor telling you side earth is, failure to fit the right way round will result in the cap going pop within seconds of switch it on.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
When replacing electrolytic capacitors you ned to make sure that you get the same value (in microfarads) and the same working voltage. Yours will most probably be radial with the two leads on the same face but be aware that there are also axial where the leads are at opposite ends - they can be fitted but it's a faff.

One more thing to look for is working temperature. Standard ones are 85°C but you will get a longer life from 105°C.

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
and the same working voltage

You can use any voltage cap, provided it's voltage is the same or higher than the cap you're replacing.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
True, but the lead spacing might be significantly different and it might be physically too large to fit in. But I take your point.