Replace USALS system with Disecq 1.2

petchletch

Reaction score
Hi All,

Please could someone help me out. I'm about to swap a current Technomate 5500ci Super with a Golden Interstar 9002 DVD/Sat Receiver combo as I was robbed the other week and they nicked quite a bit of kit.

I already have a multisat system set up using the USALS. If I just swap over to the new receiver which does not appear to have USALS software loaded will it take much to get the system working without re-aligning the USALS motor on at the dish?

Thanks all

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It isn't hugely difficult to set up without USALS, just a bit more time consuming. :)

petchletch

Reaction score
Hello again Rolfw

Easy for you to say but the lady in the house won't be too impressed when Eastenders dissappears. The receiver already has the satellites programmed in, I just don't know what the motor will do once I switch the receiver on and activate the motor control.
If I'm already pointing at Hotbird will the Hotbird on the non-USALS receiver keep the dish in the same position or move it out off to some god knows where degrees east or west

Cheers
Petch