Replace USALS system with Disecq 1.2

petchletch

Hi All,

Please could someone help me out. I'm about to swap a current Technomate 5500ci Super with a Golden Interstar 9002 DVD/Sat Receiver combo as I was robbed the other week and they nicked quite a bit of kit.

I already have a multisat system set up using the USALS. If I just swap over to the new receiver which does not appear to have USALS software loaded will it take much to get the system working without re-aligning the USALS motor on at the dish?

Thanks all

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It isn't hugely difficult to set up without USALS, just a bit more time consuming. :)

petchletch

Hello again Rolfw

Easy for you to say but the lady in the house won't be too impressed when Eastenders dissappears. The receiver already has the satellites programmed in, I just don't know what the motor will do once I switch the receiver on and activate the motor control.
If I'm already pointing at Hotbird will the Hotbird on the non-USALS receiver keep the dish in the same position or move it out off to some god knows where degrees east or west

Cheers
Petch