ldoodle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+

HTPC
My Location
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I need to reposition my dish as only getting 40-50% signal strength/quality even in the best of weather.

Currently the dish is mounted about a metre below the guttering and pretty much 'hits' my neighbours kitchen (which has a chimney on it) in terms of site, not physically! It's just bolted to the wall, but I'm not happy bolting it to my chimney.

I already have a 5ft pole lashed to my chimney which is solid as a rock (as I installed it) so would like to mount the dish to the pole if possible, but obviously the current bracket is designed for flat surfaces, not poles so I would need a pole bracket - I have googled but can't find anything!

Then there's the question of aligning it - what is cheap but will do the job!

Thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
ldoodle said:
Hiya,

I need to reposition my dish as only getting 40-50% signal strength/quality even in good weather.

Currently the dish is mounted about a metre below the guttering and pretty much 'hits' my neighbours kitchen (which has a chimney on it) in terms of site, not physically! So it's just bolted to the wall, but I'm not happy bolting it to my chimney.

I already have a 5ft pole lashed to my chimney which is solid as a rock (as I installed it) so would like to mount the dish to the pole if possible, but obviously the current bracket is designed for flat surfaces, not poles so I would need a pole bracket - I have googled but can't find anything!

Then there's the question of aligning it - what is cheap but will do the job!

Thanks

welcome,

I would be inclined to install a new lashing kit and pole on the chimney for mounting the dish only. This will be stronger and cosmetically look better. If you take a look here at the images, you can clearly see a different fixing that can be adapted for the dish. Ignore the motor but the fixing is the same for a mast.

As for alignment of the dish, why not get it fixed up first and then there's plenty here that can help.

Regards :)