req: using hex files with topfield 3000FI?

rgw21

Reaction score
Hi All,

I get the Fun_6in1 files, but I don't know how to use the .hex file of the topfield, do I need to use certain software that enable me to install them to my receiver?, or how can I put them manually?

can anybody explain this to me? Thanks..

chris_lim

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The fun 6in1 files that you download are to program funcards and not your receiver. To do this you need a card programmer (such as Infinity USB or any other multiprogrammer) with its appropriate software and an empty funcard which you will program (the .hex file you find means that the funcard works better if you are going to use it in a topfield receiver if programmed with that file). For the receiver to read the funcard the receiver would also have to be programmed using a null-modem cable found in any computer shop to connect the receiver with your PC with software found everywhere on the net (just make sure it suits your receiver and be CAREFUL). I am not very familiar with the receiver you have mentioned and it would be better if you told us what CI has your receiver embedded so that you could get some help about the software that you will use to program your receiver.

rgw21

Reaction score
Thanks Chris,

Below my Receiver info:

- Topfield TF3000FI:
- System ID: 200
- Loader Version : A3.00
- Device Version : 4.3.98
- Application Version : B-JFI.58.34
- Last Update : Mar 09 2004

I have the cable that connect the receiver with the Computer, but I don't know which software can I use to add (.hex & .bin codes files) to my receiver codes?

chris_lim

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am going to have to disappoint you mate since your receiver is a Free-To-Air receiver and can only receive non-encrypted channels since it hasn't got a conditional access module embedded and also it hasn't got a common interface to accept any CA modules such as Irdeto, Viaccess, Matrix Reloaded or Magic module. I guess you should buy something else in order to be able to watch any encrypted channels. O-no

rgw21

Reaction score
Hi Chris, Actually i am not disappointed, ;)

TopField TF3000FI has a software update that enables you to see the encrypted channels, but this software is not released from the Topfield Company yet.

"The new Software of the topfield can be distributed just from receiver to another, and can't be transfered from Pc to receiver yet." i don't know why the topfield company did that for.

Ok, return to my main post, Now, I can enter the key/codes manually in my receiver to open viaccess, irdo, sega.. etc, but my question was if there is a certain software that can transfer the keys/codes (.hex files) from computer to receiver?

Thanks,

aa_762

Reaction score
Hi rgw21

Can you pls pass on this information to me, where is that software and how did you updrade your receiver. I have topfield 3030F and want to keys edit facility in it.

Thanks

AA

DVB

Reaction score
rgw21 said:
Thanks Chris,

Below my Receiver info:

- Topfield TF3000FI:
- System ID: 200
- Loader Version : A3.00
- Device Version : 4.3.98
- Application Version : B-JFI.58.34
- Last Update : Mar 09 2004

I have the cable that connect the receiver with the Computer, but I don't know which software can I use to add (.hex & .bin codes files) to my receiver codes?

RGW21, is there any way I can get a flash dump file from Topfield 3000Fi?

shahfar1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield TF 3000 Fi
My Location
canada
Hi RGW21

Would you please share all the information you got about this receiver( Topfield TF 3000 FI) with me?
I have the same unit but I haven't found any upgrade which allow me to open the encrypted channels !

Thanks

sirous777

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
topfield 7700
My Location
iran
hi dear rgw21,
i see you write you can enter the key codes (hex) manually .
how can you do that.
i wandering about that. because i test in this way

Topfield Key Entry
Press Menu on the remote controller.
Choose "System Settings" (Or something equivalent) and press 121 to bring up a new menu item EDIT CODE.
Select EDIT CODE and press OK.

but i can't take any result.

please send me a message
thanks
sirous kheyri

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I would not bother expecting an answer, rgw21 has not been on the forum for six years (his post is dated April 2004) and nobody uses hex codes anymore