Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
If i hold down the on button and back up when i plug it in it should wipe its memory and start again shouldn´t it? But when i hold it down only online and message buttons flash, how do i reset it properly?:-hny :-googly

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
never mind, just ignore me, i found the answer. Unplug from Mains Press and Hold Backup (on Box,not Remote) Insert mains plug, keeping hold of Backup When all four lights come on, release Backup Wait 10-15 mins until Box resets.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Yes, that's it, but I'd wait 30-40 minutes before trying to use box!

(unless you get an "update complete" message on connected tv screen, but I've never seen that!).

Note that software isn't generic, it's digibox make specific! That for some defunct older types (eg, Panasonic, Sony) might not yet be available.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
AlexBellisBrown said:
never mind, just ignore me, i found the answer. Unplug from Mains Press and Hold Backup (on Box,not Remote) Insert mains plug, keeping hold of Backup When all four lights come on, release Backup Wait 10-15 mins until Box resets.

What you are describing is a forced software download NOT a reset..
If you want to reset your box,find the "new installation" section in "installers menu"...

I would also like to make a point that forcing a software download in the absence of the "default transponder" 11778V will KILL the box..

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Does it have to be on the "Default Transponder" of the North Beam? How about if you are only in range of the South Beam? Is it possible by changing the settings of the transponder, will it download the software?

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
I assumed Alexis ... was talking about the software update (from saying "wipe its memory", although that's not clear).

Yes, you could go into install menu, but most settable options in "services" also have a default reset.

A missing default transponder won't necessarily wreck the box (although it certainly might!). Pace models have 2 copies of the software, and can revert to the working one. I don't know about other brands, but would expect them to be similar.

Normally, there would be no reason to force a software upadate (when a new version is available, it should load automatically!). And it's not a cure for any signal reception problems. It's a "last resort", to try if the box seems powered, but otherwise appears completely dead.

rato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Thanks for the info. I am also refering to a software update. I only receive the South Beam & S1. I just bought a Grundig 2000 and I haven't a clue on how long it has been since it had an update. May as well hook it up and let it auto-update itself. But before I hook it up, any suggestions on what to insert in the "Default Transponder" for South Beam & S1 Beam?

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
rato2 said:
Does it have to be on the "Default Transponder" of the North Beam? How about if you are only in range of the South Beam? Is it possible by changing the settings of the transponder, will it download the software?

To my knowledge,(i stand to be corrected) forced software download is only from 11778...But as @spiney pointed out,given the time (in the presence of a good signal) the box will automatically update itself.

@spiney
I have come across boxes ruined by forced software downloads.

@rato2
use the transponder with the strongest signal from your location..12207v is usually good from most parts of Europe..

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
If you can get the Sky channels list/epg (without which any digibox won't work!), that's the default transponder. It should also be the strongest signal, within reception area, ie you should get the epg even if nothing else.

Grundig brand digibox is well obsolete, but should still boot up ok if working. Otherwise, you may have to wait a while for new software this make. If it's not working, that would mean knowing when the new software will be transmitted, then plugging into known working dish and "hoping" the problem's just corrupt software!

I don't know how to find out when the next Grundig software will be transmitted (Sky customer services are famous for not knwing things like this!). Does anyone?

If box seems functional, ie if it responds to remote control and shows menus on tv screen, you can try a manual install, or even "other channels" to check it's getting a signal.

Yes Iceman, I agree forced update can kill a box, it's not something you should do without a good reason (usually, box is already dead!).

rato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Firt of all thank you to the three of you for this help.

@iceman

Got that freq. as the default transponder. Did a reset from the service menu and it got the list. Just as it says with the activating instructions of the Sky card, I put it on the Sky One channel(106) and have been waiting for activation to move on to the next step which is to call Sky. Thanks!

@spiney

As quoted above, it's working. After getting the default transponder, it got the Sky channels list & EPG, I left it on for about an hour, but the software version did not change. Is the software ver. number the same for all boxes, or does it vary from manufacturers (i.e. Grundig; Pace; Panasonic, etc.)?

@rolfw

I sent a PM to tintoria1 about 3 weeks ago still with no response, about that thread asking if he did or not get his card activated. Since his issue is the same as mine(NASN activation). Thanks anyways rolfw!

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Digibox software is make and type specific, ie, digiboxes are all functionally the same, but different inside and use different software. Older obsolete types may have to wait a while, maybe months, for latest update.

If you can get the default transponder, then basically your receiver is working, and it should update automatically when the latest software becomes available.

rato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Everything is o.k.. Phoned NASN to activate card, about 40 min. later it was working. Apar from asking the card & box number,they did ask me also what was the version number. Can now receive also the 2D beam & Fixed beam. The EPG softw. version hasn't changed yet(3.1 a 5).