Restoring orignal color of B&W photos

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi ppL , wondering is it possible to restore the original colors of old B&W photos by the same procedure they did for coloring old B&W movies .

Any thoughts you would have be greatly appreciated .

cheers .

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
You can do this in Photoshop - use the layers option add a layer and use the colour option.

Painting on that layer will colour the Black and White photo. As this is on it's own layer you can switch the effect on and off.

Here you go - step-by-step

_http://www.pslover.com/click/3916

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
gameboy said:
You can do this in Photoshop - use the layers option add a layer and use the colour option.

Painting on that layer will colour the Black and White photo. As this is on it's own layer you can switch the effect on and off.

Here you go - step-by-step

_http://www.pslover.com/click/3916
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To - gameboy thanks for reply

does photoshop programm recognize the true original colors of objects in the old B&W photos, when they photographed . , Or they colored by the person who run the programm on his choice .

cheers .

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
al_madhi said:
Or they colored by the person who run the programm on his choice .

Yes, you have to colour them - the only way I have seen B/W changed to colour is this..

The original pictures are taken on B/W film using a red, green and blue filter. Result three B/W negatives. If you then project these using red, green and blue light and overlap the images the image appears in full colour.

In Photoshop all you are doing is guessing the colours and painting over the B/W image.