RGB Output

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I have a Humax 5400z patched with the latest ToH/HOT firmware, connected to my tv via a 5 to 1 SCART socket. When the output is set to RGB the colour balance of the picture is seriously distorted towards red. When the STB is connected directly to the tv, the picture is normal. This is the second 5 to 1 box (I returned the first, because I thought it was faulty). It must be ok, as it handles my digibox PAL sigal normally (but not the RG:cool:. Any suggestions as to where the problem lies?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
When I looked into this a few weeks ago, I found that most of the n to 1 scart switch boxes either gave a noticable degradation of picture quality (according to various write-ups), and/or only supported RGB on one of the sockets. Have you tried swapping to a different socket on the switch box?

I'd try disconnecting everyhting else, and try it in each of the 5 sockets and see if it makes any difference.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
@BGonaSTICK

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a powered box, so it probably has some sort of signal booster inside. I haven't tried swapping, but I will as soon as I've finished watching Space Oddysey.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
@BGonaSTICK

Interesting discussion in the links you posted. I assumed that the fault lay in the Hummy rather than the SCART box, but that's clearly not the case. I've given up and am going to ask for my money back.