Rgb/pal

telly2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My pace box no longer wants to switch between rgb or pal, the osm changes but not the picture . Normaly it shifts the picture to the left but zero happens at the moment , any idea,s

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be a bad scart lead or connection, I presume that the scart control is toggled to on.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Try powering down the unit for a few minutes and a full reset of the receiver
Sometimes the voltage signal components in the box get 'tired' and needs a rest

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I find that on my Philips TV (32PW9618) if I push the TV button on the dodgybox remote then the TV immediately changes from RGB to composite display. Pressing the $ly button on the remote then causes the display to change back to RGB.

Strange or what? I don't know whether it's a peculiarity of the dodgybox, TV or a combination of the TV.

And yes, all the scarts are well pushed in.

PaulR

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Just decided to do a test and when the dodgybox is shielded from the remote then pointing at the TV has no result. The remote has to be pointing at the box for the signal switching to take place.

Could this have anything to do with telly2's problem?

PaulR

Incidentally, I don't remember this happening on my old TV (Mitsubishi CT25AV1:cool: when it was connected to the box (Sony 750).

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Also Tele2 make sure you don’t have a VCR or any other device connected to the TV that is on and sending out a scart control signal (simplest way to check is to put all other things into standby).

If a VCR is sending out a scart control (for example if the VCR has a ‘TV/VCR’ button on it and it is set to VCR) the digibox will override the VCR in terms of what is displayed on the TV but the control signal from the VCR will be passed onto the TV and it will then only accept composite inputs. (Not sure if that is the case for all TVs, but it seems to be for many).

This happens to my folks all the time, meaning they hardly ever watch things in RGB, but then again they don’t seem to see the difference in picture when I show them what’s it’s like with the video set correctly :D

smileruk

Reaction score
Sorry to sound thick but what is the practical difference between RGB and PAL setting on the Sky+ box?? It does'nt appear to affect the quality of received images.

Cheers

Smileruk

war head

Reaction score
it does slightly. On my Philips LCD TV, on-screen graphics for example are noticeably sharper when the Sky box is set to output RGB.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will notice the biggest difference when using the picture setup on the digibox, if you toggle between PAL and RGB, jou should see any untidiness around the graphic in the centre of the screen disappear when you toggle RGB. If you don't, then try changing scart sockets or scart leads.