ripped off for £645.00

whitby

Reaction score
On the 29th of Jan 04 £645.00 got debited out of my account for an official Greek nova viewing card which i ordered from a Barry Wood tradeing under thesatelliteco.com or bradleywood.co.uk
After several phone calls and email,i got the same old story "it will be here next week",but it never came.
I demanded my money be refunded has he never came up with the goods,i was promised a full refund wich i have never received.
I also know of two other people who have lost money(£1500.00 and the other, the price of a tps card)thru Barry Wood.
So be careful who you buy from especially if the name and companys(listed above)have anything to do with it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
He is a member here Whitby, perhaps you could PM him and give him a chance to answer your post "bradle01"

kostas

Reaction score
Hi, I Can Get A Nova Card For You. I Live In Greece And I Can Help You If You Want.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I hear he is shutting up shop

Heres a copy of the email sent out to the trade about two weeks ago

The Satellite Co (UK) Ltd is for sale

Comes complete with a modest amount of stock, two major distributorships and
several minor ones, Sky Digital ASA number, small warehouse premises,
ready made e-commerce website and a highly experienced multi-lingual salesman,
a webmaster with extensive ASP programming skills, and more contacts
in the industry (Europe and beyond) and representative bodies, and a
greater knowledge of EU dogma on the subject than you could shake
an actuator at.

Initial contact by email please to info@bradleywood.co.uk or by telephone to Barry Wood on 07986 183948

If you have any questions re outstanding funds/cards/settlement then I would get them resolved as soon as possible.

G

GotMyBusPass

@ whitby

If you bought by credit card you can get a refund through your credit card company.
GMBP:)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
GotMyBusPass said:
@ whitby

If you bought by credit card you can get a refund through your credit card company.
Not in this case

Most credit card companies will only refund you the amount and persue the dealer/fraudster for 30 days. After that you are on your own.

There are few exceptions GMBP

whitby

Reaction score
Cheers guys.Barry Wood has had plenty of chances.3 months worth.At the end of the day he owes me £655.60 and should pay it back.Hes not only stolen the money off me but also my family.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
You traded the card in for your family and cash ?

G

GotMyBusPass

@ Channel Hopper

Thanks for your comment CH, I hope that my credit card company doesn't see your post or they will be after me for £319.98 :(
I understood that by distance purchasing, a firm has to supply within 30days unless they inform you of any delays in delivery. After that the supplier and credit card company are both liable in the case of non-delivery of goods.
I have had two cases over the last year, one for £239.99 and the other for £79.99. I kept all my emails to the companies and copies of recorded letters also. I do not use the telephone as I have a hearing problem which makes telephone listening a pain. After the 30days were up, and having no response back from the suppliers, I sent all the relevant details to my credit card company and copies of the emails and letters. The amounts were credited back to my account and I had letters stating that the credit card company would look into my queries, I finally got notification from them that no further action would be taken ie the monies were mine to keep. Either the credit card company were being generous:D , or as I had been with the same bank for over 30years and have a current account, credit card account and savings account they felt sorry for me:rolleyes:. Or perhaps they managed, somehow, to get monies out of the companies.
That's my experiences and the reason I posted to "whitby".

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I dont believe Barry has stopped trading, just the business is up for sale

Have you tried the mobile number given to get this resolved ? If what you say is correct and there are others awaiting refunds, or equipment, this wont bode well for any prospective buyer.

whitby

Reaction score
Had no reply on the mobile.He has replied to my email saying that he has recently been the victim of some credit card fraud.If this is only recently then why does he owe NWA £1500.00 since early last year and the other party the price of a tps card.North West Aerials despite numerous phone calls and company letters have been promised a refund since the begining of 2003.
I emailed this question to him but had no reply as yet.
The company who havent been refunded for the TPS card got fed up of trying to get the money back.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Looks like Mr Wood has no company - the main website mentions that its now in the hands of the administrators Jeremy Knight and Co of Brighton.

Time to change Barrys site profile