RO.VE.R Rover Satellite meter software

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Hi guys, got a copy of the programming software v1.1(adding removing transponders) for the SDM 2-3 style meters, you do need a special rover serial cable, but reckon I can make these for next to nowt, these are the most common rover you'll see on sleazibay (the square one with yellow rubbers on), I can make it available on here if allowed or I'll put it on my own home server (still setting up, making sure it is secure, can't grasp all that port 80 crap?:-doh! .... more reading needed!), or can post it on a cd.
I'll have ago at the leads first ('cos software no good without it!)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Probably better to keep it on your server and supply it to anyone who asks, possibly not that many people with the unit on the forum.

PS. Looks like there might be a good deal on a Satlook Digital NIT on ebay, it is at £102 at the moment, but if it doesn't rise too much, then it will be a great buy. :)

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
O.k rolf.... I'll update the thread when I get it sorted ;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Cheers, how do you find it by the way? I have the little TDA6 terrestrial meter and found it brilliant for jobs where it was difficult to carry a big meter, but I didn't have complete confidence in its digital quality readings.

skunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Multi room
My Location
lincolnshire
Hi
I have a rover sdm-1s and was wondering if you managed to update the software to locate all satellites ?

ALLSAT67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+DUO - 1.1 triax motorised dark motor with twin invacom=== fixed 80 old black channel master on 19e with arm picking up 13e and 28.2 on a dm800(+smargo) in other room with 2 cards....:)
My Location
With the bosses Daughter
rolfw said:
Probably better to keep it on your server and supply it to anyone who asks, possibly not that many people with the unit on the forum.

PS. Looks like there might be a good deal on a Satlook Digital NIT on ebay, it is at £102 at the moment, but if it doesn't rise too much, then it will be a great buy. :)

I have a sdm2 and can only pick up 28.2.

So i would gratefull of the software stealthpirate.

Thanks in advance.

comet2458

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace 1000
homebrew computer
My Location
england
hi does anyone out there have a user manual for the TDA-5uk meter.
also the SDM-1 can this be upgraded to set other sats or not ?
many thanks in advance
mick

dask

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
A tech
My Location
Narrabri Australia
stealthpirate said:
Hi guys, got a copy of the programming software v1.1(adding removing transponders) for the SDM 2-3 style meters, you do need a special rover serial cable, but reckon I can make these for next to nowt, these are the most common rover you'll see on sleazibay (the square one with yellow rubbers on), I can make it available on here if allowed or I'll put it on my own home server (still setting up, making sure it is secure, can't grasp all that port 80 crap?:-doh! .... more reading needed!), or can post it on a cd.
I'll have ago at the leads first ('cos software no good without it!)

Hey there Dask here from Down Under. Probly a bit of a stretch but do you still have a copy of the programing software for the ROVER SDM2. I need to update my transponder info on my meter..

Thanks in advance if you or anyone can help...

Emphatic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish Sharp Dual LNB Optus C1, 1.2m dish Sharp single LNB Optus D2
My Location
Australia
Like Dask, I too am from the land down under. G'day.

The company I work for is too tight arse to supply me a good meter for satellite projects.

However, our SDM2 is in need of an update.
So, I would really appreciate a copy of the programming software and diagrams to make up a programming lead (or pinouts).
This would really help me to do the whole job and not just a half assed one.

Thanks heaps
Emphatic

Emphatic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Australia
G'day StealthPirate,

Just wanted to see if you can help us out with the software for the SDM2 Meters?

Cheers
Emphatic

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
I was quoted a fortune (well over £100+VAT) for the SDM2 PC lead so have now had one made. It is very neat with the interface chip and capacitors all inside the DB9 connector where it connects to the PC. On the manufacturers version there is a switch to earth which is for programming firmware rather than the transponder listing so I did not specify that but it would be easy to add later if required. I can supply these for about £20 if about 10 were ordered and can supply a copy of my downloaded 30 day version of the software on cd. It can be released by an email to Rover who didn't charge me.

If there is interest please pm me and I'll get back to you. EDIT not sure how pm works here so post a reply!

Attachments

• sdm2cable.jpg
    sdm2cable.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 335

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
By the way I also have a few of the chips available (just the 16 pin micro interface chip) as specified on the wiring diagram so if anyone wants a chip and wiring diagram with pin outs to build their own they are just £2.00 each.

Emphatic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Australia
rolfw said:
I suggest that you contact Rover direct, I'm sure they will be able to help. http://www.roverinstruments.com

Thanks for that.

But the opening post was from StealthPirate offering the software and cable information for members to aquire.

satwino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receivers:-
DreamMultiMedia 7020s with 250gigHDD, Fortec Star Inno.PACE 2600 $ky box,Inverto IDL 5000HD Wavefrontier 90 Dish.ATEC & LG, lcd TV's...RO.VER SDM 1& 2 sat. meters. Digiair Meter...
My Location
Was Chesterfield Derbyshire..UK. now South West France, near Angouleme(16)
You have one waiting customer here....

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.

Emphatic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Australia
That's ok mate.

If you are able to help out hit me on EMAIL REMOVED

Thanks

satwino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamMultiMedia 7020s with 250gigHDD, Fortec Star Inno.PACE 2600 $ky box,Inverto IDL 5000HD Wavefrontier 90 Dish.ATEC & LG, lcd TV's...RO.VER SDM 1& 2 sat. meters. Digiair Meter...
My Location
Hang on in there Jem..
Im here stuck, with the need to update the software and transponders on my SDM2 meter, . and like you say £100+ vat is quite expensive for a lead... after you fork out £290 on the meter in the first place. and where is the software download on the RO.V.ER site?
Any help regarding cable/connector, software greatfully received from any forum member...

Thanks Andy.............sunny France

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
Hi Andy

I will help where I can, address is _http://www.roverinstruments.com/ click on flag you want for language, then left column software support, then centre panel measurement equipment to PC interface program, then Data acquisition program ver.4.32 next to SMART interface advert. Password needed for unzip and then again after installation with Product id from help screen they issue licence id to unlock 30 day version to unrestricted, (from manufacturer or via service agent).

Cable is essential as meter sends at around 5v and PC rs232 works around 12v so chip etc needed in cable to step up/ down signals. I'm told latest (and last) firmware is V1.10 which is shown on first power on screen which is read as v 1.16 by the smart program!

Jem

satwino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Jem...thanks for that, went there and got it, just awaiting password.

then a cable...........or if you have the dummies guide to making your own!!

atb Andy