Rome and her surroundings

enschede

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well I must admit that it looks like the region Lazio is a major Black Hole when it comes down to finding out the dish size needed to get Astra 2D.
I've read about everyone else managing to find the right dish size and telling everone.
There has been only one mail about someone using a 4.5m dish.... Come on Lads.. It's rediculous... 4.5m.
There are people that are using 1.25m dishes in Bolognia, 90cm in Milan, 2.40 in Cyprus of all places, and here in Rome we need a 4.5m dish.
Come lads of Rome and surroundings let get some info going here and most importantly lets share that info.

meatball

Reaction score
Website
vsatcommunications.utvinternet.com
My Location
dublin/Ireland
enschede said:
Well I must admit that it looks like the region Lazio is a major Black Hole when it comes down to finding out the dish size needed to get Astra 2D.
I've read about everyone else managing to find the right dish size and telling everone.
There has been only one mail about someone using a 4.5m dish.... Come on Lads.. It's rediculous... 4.5m.
There are people that are using 1.25m dishes in Bolognia, 90cm in Milan, 2.40 in Cyprus of all places, and here in Rome we need a 4.5m dish.
Come lads of Rome and surroundings let get some info going here and most importantly lets share that info.

Rome Area - 100 km South of Rome
Nokia Mediamaster 9200 with DVB 200
Prodeline 240CM offset VSAT professional uplink/downlink dish
(With built-in autoskew and anti-ice features) - F/D 0.8
LNB: MTI 0.6 (C120 flange).
FEEDHORN: Dedicated Prodeline 4 inch diameter 39° feedhorn (F/D 0.8)
Posted 23-09-03

All Astra 2D - ALL BBC + 60-70% signal on ITV, 4, 5 & RTE (I don't have a card), but signals are constant 24 hrs/day.
A Dubliner near Rome

All Astra 2D - ALL BBC + 60-70% signal on ITV, 4, 5 & RTE (I don't have a card), but signals are constant 24 hrs/day.
A Dubliner near Rome

enschede

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Cheers Meatball,
We've just set up a 2.40m dish a work in Frascati,
A lot closer than were you are. Only problem is that it has
an industrial LNB, (what ever thats suposed to mean).
Anyway thanls for the info. Will type the 2.40 out sometime next week I hope, that's if work let me.
Would like anyone else with more info to come forward.

Enschede.

gio2010

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi meatball,
thanks very much for the information.
Did you buy your dish in Italy? Can you tell me where, please?
Thanks,

An Italian who likes very much English TV.

barney

Reaction score
gio2010 said:
Hi meatball,
thanks very much for the information.
Did you buy your dish in Italy? Can you tell me where, please?
Thanks,

An Italian who likes very much English TV.

Me too,
Meatball
Thank you very much

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
For any potential would be customers for 2.4 mtr or larger dishes please be carefull if you are looking for fringe reception from 2 D.

The dish below is of very high quality and hence its reception of Astra 2 d with out a problem has reported by meatball.

Please try to ensure that you purchase a similar quality of dish for assurance of reception from 2 D there are a great many low quality 2.4 dishes out there. and equally many exceelent quality dishes.

Try to request that the dealer will accept the dish back if you find it does not work- or may be request thier support, in the process or simlar

Regards

Old Satellite

bunchy62

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Old Satellite said:
For any potential would be customers for 2.4 mtr or larger dishes please be carefull if you are looking for fringe reception from 2 D.

The dish below is of very high quality and hence its reception of Astra 2 d with out a problem has reported by meatball.

Please try to ensure that you purchase a similar quality of dish for assurance of reception from 2 D there are a great many low quality 2.4 dishes out there. and equally many exceelent quality dishes.

Try to request that the dealer will accept the dish back if you find it does not work- or may be request thier support, in the process or simlar

Regards

Old Satellite

im going to buy a Prodeline 240CM prime focus only receive dish. Is it as good as the Prodeline 240Cm offset VSAT professional uplink/downlink dish?
I already bough the Panasonic TU DSB 30 and I bought 3 different LNB : Invacom twin LNB 0.3, MTI twin LNB 0.6 and Invacom twin LNB 0.3 C120 flange.
I will use one of these LNB, depends what dish im going to buy.( Prodelin offset or Prodelin Prime Focus ) what would you think is the best combination?
And pls Meatball, can you tell me where did you buy your dish from and how much did you pay for it?
Thank you very much in advance
Tony from Sicily

bunchy62

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
bunchy62 said:
im going to buy a Prodeline 240CM prime focus only receive dish. Is it as good as the Prodeline 240Cm offset VSAT professional uplink/downlink dish?
I already bough the Panasonic TU DSB 30 and I bought 3 different LNB : Invacom twin LNB 0.3, MTI twin LNB 0.6 and Invacom twin LNB 0.3 C120 flange.
I will use one of these LNB, depends what dish im going to buy.( Prodelin offset or Prodelin Prime Focus ) what would you think is the best combination?
And pls Meatball, can you tell me where did you buy your dish from and how much did you pay for it?
Thank you very much in advance
Tony from Sicily

I have another question :
I read this on the www.astra2d.co.uk website :
BBC and Skew
It appears that, if you don't get the SKEW spot on, results will be NO BBC, double check SKEW setting for maximum gain.
Can anybody pls explane what does it mean ?
Thank you so much in advance
Tony from Sicily ( 50 km north of Catania on te heast coast )

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Skew is the vertical orientation of the LNB to match the exact orientaion of the satellite in relation to your position Tony, if you were situated at longitude 28.2 E, then there would be almost no skew, as the satellite would be due south of you and the vertical axis or polarisation of the satellite would be plumb. If you are not due north of the satellite, then you need to tilt the lnb's axis, to match the horizon of where the satellite is located.

meatball

Reaction score
Website
vsatcommunications.utvinternet.com
My Location
dublin/Ireland
rolfw said:
Skew is the vertical orientation of the LNB to match the exact orientaion of the satellite in relation to your position Tony, if you were situated at longitude 28.2 E, then there would be almost no skew, as the satellite would be due south of you and the vertical axis or polarisation of the satellite would be plumb. If you are not due north of the satellite, then you need to tilt the lnb's axis, to match the horizon of where the satellite is located.

Sorry to say I got the above information from astra 2d wed site, last week,
trying to get in touch with the said person who has 2.4m dish installed.
by the way channel master offset dish of same size, has the same speck,

just got back installing channelmaster 1.8 from montattico, will post results shortly, no astra 2d,
regards,
meatball.

markthorpe

Reaction score
I live in Frascati and have a Panasonic decoder and 1.25cm Dish.
All channels except BBC/ITV are clear as a bell 24 hours a day.

leo2005

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none for now
meatball said:
Rome Area - 100 km South of Rome
Nokia Mediamaster 9200 with DVB 200
(With built-in autoskew and anti-ice features) - F/D 0.8
LNB: MTI 0.6 (C120 flange).
FEEDHORN: Dedicated Prodeline 4 inch diameter 39° feedhorn (F/D 0.8)
Posted 23-09-03

A Dubliner near Rome

A Dubliner near Rome
Can you provide phone contact for your installer?
If you want you can email me at ivanleo@gmail.com

Ivan.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
enschede said:

You need to remember that with extreme fringe reception, minute distortions in the satellite radiating reflectors can mean signal strengths very wildly over a few miles. The same happens in southern Spain.

Anyway, once you get outside the primary service area (north western Europe) ANY reception should be considered a bonus. Its a happy accident that the 2D signals get as far as they do - but signal strengths are known to fall off rapidly as you go down Italy. Reception is extremely spotty in central Italy.

If you are desperate for 2D signals, find an installer who is willing to make several visits with different size dishes, and be willing to dig deep. Start with 2.5m professional grade dish, and hope it works.