My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
4ER14L said:
Hi shagx would you pass me the mem as please. I thank you in advance

That particular Member hasn't logged on since August last year...................

Mrtayto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1 Triax Dish with multiholder, 28,19,16,13, on switch with Technomate 5402 HD super. Dm800HD.
My Location
Ireland
I have one, pass me your email and il send it over to you, :-righton

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
There's lucky!

But please - no EMails Posted on Forum.

Can Admin please enable PMs for 4ER14L ??

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
PM's activated for user 4ER14L

4ER14L

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Never climbed a roof ;p
My Location
Midlands
Thanks Tivu and Mrtayto

4ER14L

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Never climbed a roof ;p
My Location
Midlands
And thanks to satelliteman too but I still wouldn't have a clue how to go about with my machine. Just printed the instruction from the net. The course I did seem like from ages ago.

Mrtayto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1 Triax Dish with multiholder, 28,19,16,13, on switch with Technomate 5402 HD super. Dm800HD.
My Location
Ireland
Download the smart update program from the site and il send you over the file, run the program connect the meter and load the file, simples , Hell il email you over the lot just give me your address.

You may need to restart the computer after installing the smart program and connecting the meter.

Mrtayto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Im out now so il do it when i get back later

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Just for the record all the mem plans are available from rovers main Italia site, the only problem i had was with the S.M.A.R.T software having the expiry date but customer service from rover was great i just emailed the serial number and they emailed me my own serial key.

The Wookie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD 1TB STB,
Zone 2 dish, Octo LNB
My Location
Midlands-ish
If you still need help, let me know as I used to work for FirstLine Digital and used to help with the meter updates, I have STC & STCeu updates upto the D.S.O. of Tyne Tees.

Ricky.b

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 28, laptop
My Location
london
hi wookie ive done the same thing as the rest of the guys ive updated my STC.eu and lost all the terrestrial n satellite files could you please send me the meter updates for the STC.eu i dont know how to send you my email in this forum so if you know how to send me yours please do and ill send you mine so you can forward me the updates. much appreciated mate.

Ricky.b

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 28, laptop
My Location
london
could moderators please allow private messages for me n The Wookie??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
All of this could be solved by someone signing up for a free dropbox account, upload the file and then post the unparsed URL to the file in the thread. Also see digi247's post above.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Just an Update i probably would have missed these if a mate had not jogged my memory but the Rover site has updated Firmware and Mem plans for both the STC and the STCeu, Although the memplan is dated June this year its better than nothing i suppose.

Any how taking Rolfw's advice i have upped the Rover Master STCeu files to 4shared so if you have an account or sign up you can download these.

Code:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/t2VXGM2g/Rover_STCeu.html

Regards

The Wookie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD 1TB STB,
Zone 2 dish, Octo LNB
My Location
Midlands-ish
_http://www.4shared.com/file/X3ZByU_e/MasterSTCeu_ver_2_31.html
_http://www.4shared.com/office/TR1J9Xb-/Mem_upgrade.html
_http://www.4shared.com/office/yFBXdlLp/Rover_Meter_FirmWare_Upgrade_P.html

The best advice I can give those of you who want to update their own meters is to go to Rover's website and download the latest version of SMART (5.01 or above)

Defrag your meter by holding the PLAN button as you turn the meter on until it displays DEFRAGGING.

Follow the Firmware upgrade document to just update meters for aerial, if you want any of the satellites I can provide them too but didn't upload them - this is the memory upgrade document.

Alternatively you can PM me and I will give you my address if you want to pay the postage both ways.

Sorry digi247 I don't mean to steal your thunder etc but the post I wrote last Monday didn't seem to have appeared which had info on my dropbox account, although this way was better :)

Sam281081

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ROVER MASTER STCeu
My Location
Colchester, Essex
HI, im new here, i have a question about the said meter in this section, i have just got hold of a Rover Master STCeu (HD), and i have tried reading the HD multiplex (UHF CH 47) off the Sudbury transmitter and it wont read it? It picks up its a digital frequency, it will give me a power reading, but when i try for the MER and C/N it thinks to its self for 30 second and pops up a load of dashes, The other 5 multiplexes read fine?

I'm not new to rover meters as i have used them over the last 6 or 7 yrs (ST-2, ST-4 and my favorite the DM16C).

I got this meter as it seemed to be able to take a reading on the HD multiplexes?, should this be able to read HD? or am i doing somthing wrong. I have updated the Firmware to the latest version, yet still it wont read it?

Any help would be great.

Kindest Regards

Sam

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
@SAM: Your meter has DVB-S/S2, DVB-C and DVB-T tuner build in. However, it does NOT have a DVB-T2 or DVB-C2 tuner, so you will not be able to lock UHF CH 47 from the Sudbury transmitter, as this transponder is modulated in DVB-T2 (256QAM). You do receive the other transponders, because they are modulated in DVB-T (64QAM)! Details of C47: PSB3 BBCB C47 (682.0MHz) horizontal 256QAM 32KE 2/3 40.2Mb/s DVB-T2 MPEG4 101 BBC One HD (UK service without regions) 102 BBC HD 103 ITV 1 HD (ITV Meridian Southampton) 104 Channel 4 HD South ads Source: _www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TL913377 Cheers, vma

Sam281081

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ROVER MASTER STCeu
My Location
Colchester, Essex
This is what i was thinking, but just thought i would check in case i was missing something What a pain. I take it i cant have the meter upgraded to be able to receive 256QAM? I have emailed ROVER to see if they can offer any help on this. but then its not end of the world if i cant read HD.

Thanks for your helpful feedback.

Regards

Sam

The Wookie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD 1TB STB,
Zone 2 dish, Octo LNB
My Location
Midlands-ish
The meter doesn't have the hardware to be able to update it to find 256 QAM. You can read power but not any of the main readings.