RS-232 Command structure

Jowi

Reaction score
Does anyone know the way of communicating with a box (Sagem or Macab) thru the RS-232 port. Commands etc.

Regards

Jowi

Jowi

Reaction score
The commands you need to send thru the RS-232 port on your reciever to, for example, download or upload firmware.

/Jowi

kamar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dynaset silver box plus and window xp
RS232 is a cable system to communicate with satellite receiver and your PC at com port. Comp. [pin 2 to pin 3]; [pin 3 to pin 2]; [pin 5 to pin 5]

kamar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dynaset silver box plus and window xp
Now my Dynaset silver box plus receiver can not use in these days. I think Agila satellite update key software system is invalid. So I would like to get new version of update key software. Please Help me!, Help me! F1 F1 F1

d122k7trb

Judas Priest
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IClass Receiver
2 Premium X LNBs Hotbird+ Nilesat
120" Dish

Computer system:
AMD Phenom Quad quad core 9750
4GB DDR2 Bus 800 RAM
MB: Asus Crosshair
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 32 MB cache
22" LCD Widescreen Samsung 226BW
SB X-Fi Xtreme
My Location
Armenia, ME: The Arab Countries
RS-232 is a cable, it does't seem to have any way of communicating (Commands). The computer, receiver or mainly Softwers made the changes to what you have. The Only thing we can bear/keep in our mind is that connecting 2 seemilar things witt a cable causes that cable to be changed in the sense that:

1 to 3 , 2 to 6, for sending and recieving meantime.
www.duxcw.com search how to make yourself own network cables

And is we have 2 difeeret objects, it's straighttru cabling format.
1 to 1, 2 to 2, and so on.
or roll over, in which the end side is the opposite of the beggining.
1 to 8, 2 to 7 , 3 to 6, and...

regards,

rb_minassian@yahoo.com.

Jowi

Reaction score
Well, the question might have been a little unclear but the answers were not very creative. Of course I know what RS-232 is. It´s a communication standard and it´s not a cable as someone suggested. But I also know that different equipment use it for transferring it´s firmware and other stuff. For example older digital-boxes which has a RS-232 port on the back. But to do this you have to know the correct commands and settings of the com-port. You will send the commands throught the serial port in the same way as you send it to a smartcard or a modem. And then the box will answer. To a modem, for example, you most commonly use the Hayes standard, which is a set of commands that the modem will listen and answer to. But please disregard the question now since the seriousness was quite low. Also most boxes uses the JTAG nowadays.

Regards

Jowi