RS232 cable + software update

betasat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m Motorised Dish with Manhattan Plaza ST-550
My Location
SA
I'd like to update my Manhattan Plaza ST550 but need clarity on the RS232 cable. None of the computer shops seem to know what I'm talking about.
Can anyone descrbe the cord. How many pins should it have on either side. Is it a male/female cable or male/male or female/female???

Also, when I update. If I update the receiver with the latest software only, will that include all the features of the previous updates released. Or do I have to individually upload each software release to ensure I have all the updated features on my receiver?

Looking forward to your help.

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Standard serial cable is straight through..... Null modem cable, some of the wires swop over, I already had one (old one with double ends 9 & 25 pin), but bought 3 more off that popular auction site (all 3 inc' del' for a tenner)

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
This is a null modem cable.

L.:)

betasat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m Motorised Dish with Manhattan Plaza ST-550
My Location
SA
Guys thanks for this. But I still do not understand.

I previously tried upgrading my system with a cable (9pins on the one end and 25 on the other), but it seemed to do nothing and there was no transfer of data.
Is this the right cable or is there another?

I unfortunately don't understand the image Lancelot uploaded. Do you have simple pic showing the cable and more importantly the jacks.

Pity the Manhatan doen't just have a USB!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
As I use with my stb

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
It's probably not a good idea to start flashing recievers if you are having trouble with a 9pin plug diagram I'm afraid, Make REALLY sure you know what you're doing before attempting this, as you can very easily kill the reciever.
Even (and espescially) with the right cable.

L.:)