Rte, Bbc & Itv On Astra 2 In Turkey!!!!

ronan1211

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
RTE, BBC & ITV ON ASTRA 2!!!!
Hi I have a question which I very much need help with. As I understand it RTE, ITV and now BBC are all transmitted from astra 2d, I understand that the footprint of 2d is tight and focused on Ireland and uk. However I am on the west coast of Turkey and with a 5m dish I can receive itv with almost always perfect reception unless weather is very bad. But I can not receive rte or bbc channels (obviously I have 2 skyboxes 1 with subscription for northern Ireland (itv and channel 4) and one from republic of Ireland (rte etc.). what is the difference here surely they must all be same? What can I do to receive them all- bigger dish, different LNB???? Any help or theories please, I can even except to be told that it’s not possible, I just want to be able to know that it’s not.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Ronan Glynn.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
Hi Ronan
I am in North Cyprus & using 4.2m prime focus dish receive ALL horizontal channels from 2D non stop 24hrs.
Zero signal on vertical transponders,but hey....what the hell?
The beam being so tight,am not supposed to pick up anything at all from 2D.!!!
If your ITV reception is as good as you say,i dont see any reason you shouldnt pick up the other horizontal transponders from 2D.
Your dish and/or LNB need tweaking on 2D.
I recomend you get yourself an invacom 0.3dB LNB,it makes hell of a difference on weak signals.

iceman